Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, did anyone make it to T-U-T for the first (1/17-1/18) weekend? If so how did you do? The fish board looked a little sparse. Anyone from M-S get on the board? Saw a lot of small pike, a few nice crappie, not to many walleyes yet.

We (daughter and I) were there but didnt get a chance to fish, my daughters only six and it being only 10 degrees and without a shanty made it pretty much a no-go on the icefishing. We went by Lyman's and to T-U-T by snowmobile, heard a lot of people on the radio (7-0) but couldnt get any M-S'ers to answer.

Who's heading up this coming weekend? The weathers looking good for the second (1/24-1/25) weekend. We're heading back up Friday PM, dont want to miss the first weigh in at 10am and then the Polar Bear dip at 11:00! If the temps not to bad we might get and fish, if not we'll be at least out on the snowmobile looking for M-S'ers and fishing reports.

Don't forget to make plans for the upcoming outing!
Click here for info and to join in on the fun:
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56281

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Outside shot that I might be up on sat... I'll be lost in the lost though....Not planning on taking the fishing gear. I heard that it has been slow. I think that the fish are into their mid winter mode.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I Was Up The First Weekend. We Cought Only One Pike And Weighed It In On Sunday. It Was 8lbs And 29 Inches Long. It Got Me And My Buddy Ron In To Third Place. All We Won Was A Bucket, Ice Rod /Reel Combo And A Badge That Says Third Place Winners. Over All No One Was Pickin Up Many Pike Of Any Size To Them.

Carl

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Wish I could go, but alas no child care available this weekend.

We didn't fish at TUT but stopped by a buddies shanty who said it was slower than slow.

Too many people "bring" their fish for the TUT board to make it worthwhile.

It was better when they released tagged fish, that way you knew it actually came from HL.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yeah I Know What You Mean, The Winning Fish On Sunday Was 39 " Long And We have A Feeling It Didnt Come From Houghton Lake.:mad:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Fished it last Sat with 3 other guys. 1/2 mile out, 12 fow,0 flags and the smallest perch I have ever seen take a hook. Same thing the year before. Sun we fished Secord lk. The fish were active for the first 1/2 hr then SLOW for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Was going to go over Sunday and see if I could raise anyone on the radio,but looks like it's going to be windier that all get out.So maybe I'll just stick around the house,I'll have to wait and see...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
If it's drivable, we will be up. Wife picks me up and we will decide if we go North, on our way home from work. It's snowing now, but very light.

MAN, IT IS GONNA BE COLD!!!! (Yup, I'm shouting)

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RJF, Your in Holt right? Anf its already snowing there? The report I heard was it wasnt to start til later today. Auggggggggggh! I have to go home and do a little unexpected repair work on the van before we can leave. I was hoping it would hold off til later. Hmmmm, might be an excuse to leave work early! Anyhow, hope you make it up. We'll be over to TUT early on Saturday for the polar bear dip on thats supposed to be at 11am. From there, if its not to cold/windy we'll take a ride on the sled and check out fishing. I'm planning on doing a little scouting around the Cut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts