Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know only 2 lines when ice fishin. i have four tip-ups with my name on them. now if i want to fish with a friend that doesnt have a tip-ups, can he use 2 of mine?? so that would be 4 tip-ups with two guys but all with my name on them. the problem is i cant remove my name on them as its done in water proof marker. also while they are in the water i dont touch his he dont touch my tip-ups. help me out on this one. thanks

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but i think that its okay to use all of yout tip-ups as long as you only have 2 lines in and CO can see the other guy and only 4 lines...if that makes sence.We do it and have never had any problems..I also think that anyone can touch any line. Your not just designated to those 2 lines.

Correct me if i'm wrong anyone!

Shane

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yea i would to just to be 100% sure..Wait til the end of the day and some one on here will have given you a clear accurate answer.

Shane

·
Administrator
27,094 Posts
Yup, thats OK. 2 lines per person no matter who's name is on it. I have 8 tip-ups myself incase I take some friends out that don't have'em.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I never had a problem taking grand kids out usually they are just checking how many lines are out and if there are names on the tipups but the good book says they must have the anglers name and address. Jim

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
steelslam said:
i know only 2 lines when ice fishin. i have four tip-ups with my name on them. now if i want to fish with a friend that doesnt have a tip-ups, can he use 2 of mine?? so that would be 4 tip-ups with two guys but all with my name on them. the problem is i cant remove my name on them as its done in water proof marker. also while they are in the water i dont touch his he dont touch my tip-ups. help me out on this one. thanks
No problem, no violation. As long as there are enough fishers to account for the number of lines in the water and the tip-ups have a name (doesn't matter who's name) that is fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
WALLEYE MIKE said:
Yup, thats OK. 2 lines per person no matter who's name is on it. I have 8 tip-ups myself incase I take some friends out that don't have'em.

All my tip ups are up north will you take me???

Sorry Ray for the off topic post.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the answers guys.....now i feel safe. an i sure cant take anyone yet untill we get some SAFE ice in this state.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts