Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Curious if any of you have planted Tioga Deer Tounge. If so what are you thoughts about it. I planted it 5 years ago along the edge of a food plot and on the edges of a meandering trail system leading to and from other plots and stands. It germenates very slow took 2-3 yrs before i really seen vigorous growth but once it took covered well. The grass is very hardy holds up to foot and ATV traffic and if left alone will grow over 2ft. The deer took to it gradually but now eat it up well later in the summer early fall and then browns out after heavy frost . What I like about it is it's very diverse makes for excellent summer edge and does not take over other plants. The grass was highly recommended to because of my sandy acidic soil and lived up to it's billing. i have been told it will grow in any soil though. If you are looking for more diversity in your grasses try it but watch out very expensive. For me was worth the expense and wait.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.