Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The muskie opener on LSC is June 2nd this year. Year's past we had a group from M-S go out of Harly and find them on Anchor Bay. We'd keep in touch on the radio. I'll be out with my FIL and Melon. Anyone else going to be out?

Harley Ensign Launch

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is the same weekend as Slick fishing's little St Clair River Walleye event. I'm not sure what to do that weekend yet. I usually don't do very well on the Muskie opener so that may play into the scheme of things.

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
IN THE NAVY
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
IN THE NAVY
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
IN THE NAVY
Come on now, people, make a stand
IN THE NAVY, IN THE NAVY
Can't you see we need a hand
IN THE NAVY
Come on, protect the mother land
IN THE NAVY
Come on and join your fellow man
IN THE NAVY
Come on people, and make a stand
IN THE NAVY, IN THE NAVY, IN THE NAVY (in the navy)

·
Super Moderator
37,859 Posts
I'll be there, along with an all star crew, NEM and Thunderhead.:)

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ESOX said:
I'll be there, along with an all star crew, NEM and Thunderhead.:)
Need any leaders???:whistle::hide:

·
Super Moderator
37,859 Posts
UMMMMMMM

Bite me?:lol:

So much for the Berkley Vanish expierment.:dizzy: :mad:

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
waterfoul said:
Hey Due51... watcha gonna do?? Need a crew?
Mike, I will know better this weekend. The first day of playoffs for the CYO is June 2. We have a double header on Saturday and a big game on Sunday. I'll know this Sunday night if we're going to be in the playoffs.

If we're in, I can't fish. I we don't make it, you can join me on that Saturday.

I'm going to a muskie seminar tomorrow night in St. Clair Shores. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a clue from the seminar.:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
I'm hoping to join the navy for the first time this year. Picked up some rigging fall of last year but never got a chance to fish it. Currently reside on the Salt so I could just meet you guys out on the water. I'll be looking for some riders if anyone wants to jump on board with a rookie captain:gaga: I also plan on being at the seminar tomorrow. I could definitely use the tips:)

·
Registered
9,777 Posts
i gotta look into the walleye tourney dates, but if it is simpatico, then i'd be more than happy to be a rider if anyone needs one. never targeted them toothy critters, and only caught a couple as incidentals (though i have hooked quite a few more, hard to land on 6lb).

i already got a hall pass for that weekend from the fiance.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Yes our walleye tournament dont start until a hour before dark on saturday and runs until 3pm sunday.. I should come out and muskie fish because I have all the equipment just never made the time to get out last year, this would be a good reason to get out there.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
works for me..all the smallmouth i catch fishing for the ski's i'll have time to modify into walleye and use for slicks tourney!:evilsmile my wife(walleye wench) met ESOX(paul) at a fishing show this year. After, she explained that paul did not look like an evil darth vader or the 2nd coming of attilla the hun that i make him out to be:p ..so we'll be there!..p.s. hey slick what time u around the house in the morn/afternoon? floater, husky,minnow rap, taildancer, suspending, sinking? rapala would you prefer?

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Less than 2 weeks!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I would like to take my boat out there (with Waterfoul:Mike) for some Muskie fishing but don't have any of the equipment. I have baitcasting reels for bass and walleye jigging but no serious stuff.

Anybody have some old gear lying around that could use a workout for the day?:D

·
Super Moderator
37,859 Posts
I have a "few" baits you can use, I can't possibly use them all. I have been cleaning out the old stuff, but I am sure I can come up with two rods, maybe more, I'll check.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Due51 said:
I would like to take my boat out there (with Waterfoul:Mike) for some Muskie fishing but don't have any of the equipment. I have baitcasting reels for bass and walleye jigging but no serious stuff.

Anybody have some old gear lying around that could use a workout for the day?:D
try your walleye or bass stuff..generally i get more ski bites fishin for sumpin else!:yikes: last years biggest ski for me came on a 2inch watermelon clatter tad while i was tryin to entice a small eye or perch on a 10 lb. test troll....:lol: she only went about 17 lbs(digital scale)........i'm still waitin for one of those50 inch 30 lb monsters!...its how that pond always treats me..no matter what i target, i catch sumpin else..shoot i could be after sturgeon and i would catch mooneye!:lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
I could set you up with a few rods and a bunch of baits to try. If you lose them you bought them though ;) . Let me know if you are interested. I live near Metro Beach.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts