Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
43" 16lbs. (via boga grip) caught in front of the tower in New Baltimore.

Lure of choice. Available for $6.99 at BPS or Gander Mnt. Should explain. Someone on the radio asked what I was using. Then called me cheap because it wasn't a $20 "musky" lure.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i got the big skunk today. had a 40" follow my bait to the boat and a few pike do the same. the only fish in the boat was a real nice smallie. mike i lonched right next to u this morning. looks like u had a little engin prob? and a little prob with the guy keeping your boat from hitting the dock:yikes:

·
Super Moderator
27,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bclinton said:
i got the big skunk today. had a 40" follow my bait to the boat and a few pike do the same. the only fish in the boat was a real nice smallie. mike i lonched right next to u this morning. looks like u had a little engin prob? and a little prob with the guy keeping your boat from hitting the dock:yikes:
The problem was with the throttle control. It shifted itself. Everything was about 3" off of normal. Thought it was in nutural but was actually in reverse. Once I figured it out we were on our way. Got to get it back to the right postion. Nice talking to ya.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Nice day on the water. We went zero for zero. Couldn't buy a bite.
Congrats the the Due51 boat and Waterfoul with his first muskie. I cant wait for the pics.

Though we didnt have success on the lake, I have a successful afternoon at the pool... :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Started the day out of Fair Haven. First fish of the day was about a 3 lb smallmouth on the third cast with a white bucktail. 3 casts later hooked into a long musky that was as slender as a hot dog. Shook off at boatside as I was reaching for the net. It was still before 6 in the morning. The next fish was a 27 inch pike, still while casting, but with a bucher shallow raider in perch color. Started to troll from there toward New Baltimore. Was resetting a line after checking for weeds and had a fat 40 incher just about yank the rod out of my hand before I could get it back in the holder. My carpeting which was clean is now slimy. Got him on a jointed white belly perch maison musky killer just out from Marsak Point.
Last fish of the day came back at Fair Haven. I stopped to make a few more casts with the white bucktail and looked down to see a 38 inch fish just above the weeds along side of the boat. Took threes casts once he started moving to get him to turn and follow the bait. Sped up the retrieve and he followed it into the big circle before hitting along side the boat. Slimed again.
Did not take any pictures today. Wanted to get the fish back in the water as quickly as possible. Kudos to Walleye Mike. Am anxious to hear how the rest of the Tin Navy fared.

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
We looked at the flat lake, the sun, and decided to go bass fishing. I don't know eaxactly how many we caught, but I have seen a whole lot better bassin, and a lot worse too.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
We were near New Baltimore on a south troll when the reel screamed. Waterfoul (Mike) grabbed the rod and boated a 43" 18lb musky. My buddy Tom netted it.

At 10, we pulled the rods, headed for the dock and grabbed the bass rods. Ended up at the 400 apts. and killed em.
Great day on the water with my buddy Tom and Mike.
Thanks again to everyone who helped with advice and a HUGE thank you to Gone Fishing for the use of his equipment. It was a fantastic experience.
Due

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Nice job on the fish guys!! We were shut out on the muskie but did boat a few nice smallies trolling. My nephew's first time out and he had a ball trying to reel them in on the big rods. He got a little bored w/ the trolling thing so we went after a few pan fish for a while. We were off the water about 10:00. Tried to listen to Neal on 97.1 but my nephew was a little cranky at the time and said he wanted some peace and quiet:lol: . We did see a few nice fish around Cotton road while fishing for pans. Wish I would have had time to do a little casting.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
nice job Due and Mike real nice fish, I was on the water by 5am and off the water by noon. I only spent 2 hours chasing the muskie and the rest walleye fishing.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
490 Posts
I caught a 41" musky on a crawler harness this morning while walleye fishing by the light tower. Only got 4 eyes this morning. The musky was a fat one. I did not weigh it. I estimate it made 14 Lbs. though. :D
Mark

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
My son and I managed two apiece then went Musky trolling. The silvers were unbelievable today. Mushy came by and showed us the tiny little blades he was using. We didn't have anything that small and he wasn't giving away any free samples. Remember Mush, I said I'd take a dozen!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know you all about freaked. All toothys today were Northerns, with a few mooskie follows. Including a very respectful, knee knocking heart stopping high 40's to possibly 50" She came out of the depth after one of my Bin Laden baits in a smallmouth color. The best fish of the day was a 34 1/2" pike. Tried again at night, with no luck. Heading out tomarrow for the search of the big blondie, with red freckles.

Jim

·
Registered
947 Posts
Due51 said:
We were near New Baltimore on a south troll when the reel screamed. Waterfoul (Mike) grabbed the rod and boated a 43" 18lb musky. My buddy Tom netted it.

At 10, we pulled the rods, headed for the dock and grabbed the bass rods. Ended up at the 400 apts. and killed em.
Great day on the water with my buddy Tom and Mike.
Thanks again to everyone who helped with advice and a HUGE thank you to Gone Fishing for the use of his equipment. It was a fantastic experience.
Due
Nice fish, Waterfoul and capt. Due! Is that your first musky?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Fished with my father, future father-in-law and Castmaster. Started out at the tip of Metro and trolled to 9 mile and back in various depths w/o a hit. Pulled lines and moved to Anchor Bay and went 1 for 1 40" ski with a big chunk out of the side of it. Picture was taken on a non digital camera, so picture to come. All in all a very slow day, but at least we mangaed one fish. Good to talk to some of you guys on 68.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well we got out at the crack of 11 am and hung 2 nice fish.

#1http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/photopost/data/528
/medium/muskie_june07_037.jpg

Hot Baits, Long A, and Storm chub avaliable at Gander Mountian.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well we got out at the crack of 11 am, and hung 2 nice healthy fish.
Here we go...

#2http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/photopost/data/528
/medium/muskie_june07_037.jpg

Hot Baits, Long A, and Storm chub avaliable at Gander Mountian.

Doing the right thing. Way to go Jill.

Size of the fish? ..... who cares.. they were beautyful and they are avaliable for you to catch right now, because of an excellent catch and release fishery we have here in our backyards.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts