Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ice Fishing is a tough game to play. Once a fisherman knows where the fish are located … which is more than half the battle.. when is the best time to fish for them? Fish during the cold periods have reduced metabolisms and feed during certain periods during a days time. The food chain is tied to the solunar periods where feeding activity is determined and exercised by even the tiniest organisms. Most fisherman in their history have determined sunrise and sunsets are fish feeding triggering periods… but what if the lunar period overlaps these morning or evening periods… I believe these periods then become more energized in feeding frenzie and action. A double trigger so to speak…if this double trigger is also located on a full or new moon with top FAL Fish activity levels… certainly would be the best of fishing times! I fish all three lunar periods on a full moon period with the triple trigger Full Moon/Minor.Period/Sunset at the end of the day with some predictable results. #fishingwithslip

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you been out yet this year? Those fish are really small ken
Did you try moving at all or is it to difficult with the camera?
Yeah this lake is notorious for dink fish … and lots of them… every once in awhile ill sneak a trophy or two out of there. The lake is heavily harvested.

i like to time my trips to get to the lake before the major.period hits...that day I got a late start... got to the lake late into the major.period and headed straight for my spot … apparently it got pounded over the weekend by the locals… since it was late I fished it anyways without much luck with the big ones…

once the lull period moved in I fished another one of my good spots drilling about 20 holes… located schools of fish but were neutral in disposition.

As soon as that minor.period came into play fishing picked up like flipping a switch.

For me the small fish are a good sign…I don’t move… the big ones are usually mixed in… they eat the same food

1 - 5 of 5 Posts