Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Timing is everything, so is being armed.

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  GATORGETTER 
#1 ·
My rifle stand is near the top right of the photos, I was hunting my bow stand (behind camera) this particular morning. It was a pretty windy morning, I did not see a thing while in stand, not even one of the 500 squirrels in the area. I decided that I have had enough, get out of the tree, walk to my truck and pack everything away. I then realized I had not checked my camera in a few days, so I walk back (without my bow) and check my card -10:30am. After viewing 100 photos of deer, squirrels, a bear and an owl, I put the card back in, close the camera and start to walk away -10:42am (photo 1). I walk to the rifle stand turn to the right, just out of camera view and hear sticks snapping behind me. I turn around and I see a buck walking down the deer run I set 2 stands near. 10:46am (photo 2). I just stood there as he walked on by at less than 30 yards. Nice 9pt. with drop tine.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Just passin through. Don't mind me....

Reactions: HuntinMichigan
#5 ·
same thing sorta happened to me last nov. i was up in the UP had multiple pics of a big 8 usually came thru around 11-noon, so i was up 3 days prior to rifle opener to bow hunt hard, morning 1 it snows overnight and i felt good about it so didnt see any tracks walking in the dark sat was dead quiet and no action of any kind was getting hungry and kept tellin myself to stay put till noon nope i get down at 10:15 head in , got to camp and my phone dinged from my cell cam, their he was at 10:30 i was so pissed but all my fault sat the next 3 days all day never seen him again except on cam at night few times lol he did survive least thru thanksgiving weekend still had pics of him at night? see if we see him this year.......life lessons

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.