Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

time to get out early late, or does it matter?

709 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Vulcan
I got out yesterday a;m to a new lake, and seen more fish then I have ever seen in one sitting, last count 21. I have no doubts , some were repeat visits, but still very entertaining, ( and most were rails). i ask my wife to tag along this morning as well,. If I ask her the definition of morning, it will be 11 a;m. So I told her, no, I set the alarm for 6. she looked at me, like really? Yes really, well, its 7;30 now, and I still hear snoring. Now , after the rant, do you guys find it time related to when pike will move, or not?. I think I fish, like I deer hunt, that it is an a;m or p;m thing. I guess I need 2 books, one on pike behavior, one on wife behavior,lol,,,PS,, want more info on pike behavior
Reactions: RLWagner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
By far my best time for big pike movement has always been between 9:30 and 11:30 am. I get excited when I get a sunny morning to spear.
yesterday I was set up and going at 8:50, and by 9:01, had seen 4 fish, I shooter, but I missed, then another short within 5 min.
Not a fan of sunny days. They don't seem to move.
Just speared a nice one at high noon and the sun was very bright. Hmmm
My favorite time to spear is whenever I can get out. I joined the 4d” club at 2pm. I love dusk tho. Pike come in like freight trains then.
Reactions: anon02032020
4 pm is the start of the magic time
I haven't noticed a period of the day that's stuck out to me as consistently a hot time. My belief is the more AIS time you put in, the greater your odds of pike dinners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Since you cospeared it with your wombmate technically you only get 20" of fish to claim...

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
My favorite time to spear is whenever I can get out. I joined the 4d” club at 2pm. I love dusk tho. Pike come in like freight trains then.
Reactions: jasonmichalski
we had pike last night, egg wash, breadcrumbs, parm. cheese and pesto, incredible eating
I haven't noticed a period of the day that's stuck out to me as consistently a hot time. My belief is the more AIS time you put in, the greater your odds of pike dinners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
A lot of variables involved can affect movement, definitely barameter. On some Lakes it seems like first and last hour are the best. On others it can be all day long. I have noticed that all my biggest fish have been like my biggest bucks...between 10 & 2. I just go when I have the available time and don’t worry about a set timeframe.
Like between 10 and 2. Have stuck some hogs inbetw÷en . 42 and 36. 1 o'clock !!!!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.