Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing alot of bass fishing trying to get a smallie 22+ inches for my LSC wall(with no luck, my biggest 18 1/2, my bud BTMAN biggest 22 inches, he released, lucky bstrd), fishing 16 mile to Nautical mile area, in doing so we have released over a dozen of these very colorfull Tiger Musky. Have not got one regular musky? Yes our share of regular pike.

In the old days you would get maybee one or two tigers a year. Maybee just a fluke? Anyone else getting more of them than usual? tightlinesyall

·
Registered
93 Posts
Seeing the smae thing . I've been catching a few small ones on small x-raps and tube jigs trying for smallies and keep getting small tigers . Thought it was strange but maybe their population is on the rise?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Could be colder temps in the spring? Pike spawn in cooler temps than Muskie, so a delayed spawn could put the two spawning at similar times maybe?

·
Super Moderator
37,763 Posts
Been catching an unusually high number of tigers myself, seven or eight already this year. Thats more than I catch most years in total. Most in the 18-24" range on the east shore as well. Only one mature one, about 44".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts