Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out to mesick in the morning, was hearing about the "tick population", should I leave my lab at home or take him. I'm going to meijers after work to look for some spray, he already hase the oil medicine on his back.....

Any advice would really be helpful.....

Thanks Chris

· Registered
170 Posts
You will need tick protection on your pet this time of year. Get Frontline or something that lasts for a full month. You can buy over the counter flea/tick protection that is like Frontline. Spray stuff won't stay on after they get wet.

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Anyone have ideas on what to use for tick protection for people. Is there anything out there you recomend or have any home brews that work. I would like to keep the ticks off the boy's while were in the U.P. next week. Is there a tick spray you can buy in local stores? I'll do some looking on the internet as well.

Thx,

G-MAN

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Found what i needed but would be interested in home remedies. Deet is the stuff for ticks and well as the flying buggers that like to bite.

Thanks again!

· Registered
11,449 Posts
and do a "tick check" unclothed in front of a full-length mirror after being outside. If you have one that's dug in, pull it out with steady pressure insuring that you don't leave the head.

· Woods and Water Rat
24,320 Posts
Anyone have ideas on what to use for tick protection for people. Is there anything out there you recomend or have any home brews that work. I would like to keep the ticks off the boy's while were in the U.P. next week. Is there a tick spray you can buy in local stores? I'll do some looking on the internet as well.

Thx,

G-MAN
Garret, Cover up any exposed skin especially near the ground. Tuck pants into socks and tuck shirts in and wear long sleeves even though it may be a bit uncomfortable. A little dope around the tucked in areas and openings like wrists should help. But I rarely use dope since I am picking morels, FOOD!

So far I only ever encountered 1 tick in the woods in all my life and it was in my mushroom sack when I spotted it, SQUISH!!
Hope it helps.

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone. I've battled ticks before and done the standard pants tuck, long sleeve shirt and body check. I'll have the boy's with me next week and will take precautions so they don't freak out if they see one on them. Tuck and deet sounds like the best practice.

Thanks again!

G-MAN

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.