Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat in treestand, saw a cow doe, then the seat breaks out from underneath me, down 12 feet, i was thankful i had a support under the seat to help slow my fall. Angry, wet and covered in mud, I sat in an alternative area, on top of a bucket..lol
within 5 minutes CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH and there he is, a VERY NICE! 6 point, one of the largest 6's ive seen, its missing its browtines, so it would have been a great 8 just to let you guys know on the size, I drew back, kathud double lunger, 25 yards later on a blood trail stevie wonder could follow was my buck. The arrow passed through the deer completely and jammed into a tree, gotta love Muzzys, bad to the bone! Pics will be added later!! Good luck guys!

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Very cool! You werent wearing a harness eh? Not judging, just wondering..... Look forward to seeing the pics!!

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
Good on ya! Ironic how what seemed like a horrible day in the woods turned out to be a great one. A nice buck and a good story. Glad you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
dont like hearin about hunters being injured, thank god you werent. congrats on the deer, cant wait to see the pic.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Glad to hear you were okay and successful. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Two hart pumping episodes like that in one day is enough to warrant a afternoon snooooooz!! ;) :)

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
MIbowhntr
Isn't that the 2nd time you have fell this year? Seems you fell earlyer this year putting a stand up or something, ya better get a good safty harness brfore its to late.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Do 5 gallon buckets come in camo now?:p j/k MIbowhntr
Glad you're okay and congrats on your success.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys for support, yeah hunting fool43, i did tumble out of a tree stand...in early july i believe, maybe late june. I normally use a safety harness when im in one of y portable treestands, but the one i was in was a perminent wood blind, huge gucci, seat, and no real way to fall...at least i thought, when i get it fixed(after season) i think ill wear a safety harness even in it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts