Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering whos all gonna brave the nasty this 4 day weekend. Any guys hittin the bay (20+ WNW wind) and whos gonna be ice breakers in the managed units?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,470 Posts
Well, I'm only working 8 hours today,so I'm going to see if anything is riding this front down this afternoon at a local lake.I'm hoping a bunch will be headed down in front of this snow.If that doesn't work out the I'll probably be an ice breaker on Saturday.
I'm trying to decide if I want to break ice in the morning or the afternoon :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,584 Posts
I'll be out, I'm new to the waterfowl game (mainly an upland hunter) but I have a couple buddies coming in from out of state that are waterfowlers. I personally haven't decided yet if we're doing open water or icebreaking, any suggestions? We will be in the Saginaw Bay areas, though, but don't know if it will be Shia, FP, NQP, Etc....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
hitting a river thurs/friday and got big plans on the big water for sat/sun.
PLENTY of birds around, just have to be creative for the next few days.
We should be good and thawed by thursday of next week. temporary setback
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
i'll be out on the river all weekend. live to far inland to hunt the bay.just don't have any idea on what to do or where to go on the big lakes.so i will hunt around home.would like to hunt out there one day to shoot some divers for the wall.we get a few around here in jan. depending on the weather being right to push ducks this far inland.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
My favorite time of year......Ill be on the bay pursuing a big Drake Goldie for the wall.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Tomorrow will be rough for sure, if we get the snow they are saying we are supposed to get, 4 inches with heavy winds, the birds will not be flying. Not sure what I am going to do, will wait and see, but since I have the day off I will probably be out there anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,901 Posts
Was eyeing Friday to get out somewhere, but with the forecast will just have to play it by ear. May try to fill my Doe tag this weekend in the snow instead. Was gonna save it for muzzleloading, but may change my mind...just don't know until we see what the weather brings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Reeeeally want to go this weekend but the ice will be too much for my little canoe. Try to call the check station for ice condition and I get a questionable report, at best. I guess they don't really know because there not out there (the girl anyway). Anyways, its a looong drive just to find out its iced up tight. Probably wait until next week and the warm up. I have a feeling I'm gonna be sick next week (wink, wink). It will only be a coincidence that there's a 15-25 mph wind that day
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top