Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished about .8 miles to the south of the launch at first light..near the sand bar in about 4FOW.. Popped my hole and was scooping the ice out and the was one of the biggest pike I have ever seen setting there!!! I would have never though that a pike would be setting there after all of the spudding I just did....So much for noise spooking the fish!!

Anyway the perch were there too and snapping hard!!! I must have caught 60 in the first hour and half.....The bad news was they were all about 6" long!! Caught them on minnows, but the hot bait was one of andy capps jigs tipped with a red jensen egg and a wiggler. Those lures have a killer action to them!!!
Got bored catching dinks and moved 3 more times to the north and never seen another fish.

Moved to crocker to fish a weedbed that I had marked earlier in the year and only caught 3 dinks for the effort. Didn't talk to anyone that did real well.

Only good report that I heard of yesterday was from a guy that was fishing about 700yrs N of SANG, towards cotten rd. He had close to 40 in his bucket...some he got with a spear. I never even seen a fish worth throwing at yesterday..

Well off to the I 75 weekend rat race...going up on a poker run in cadilliac this weekend:D Hope to hit the lake next tue in the morning!!

Don't catch them all!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
fished from about 12 to 5:00 seen some nice perch come in alone 8 to 10 inchers hit the ken spoon with jens egg (red) had 3 big schools come by not one over 7 inches hit real fast and leave ended up with 10 keepers 8 inchers a meal thats KOOL and about time. Going to Ginos in the morning crack of dawn will post results. GOOD FISHING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts