Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13,469 Posts
View attachment 497019 View attachment 497021 View attachment 497023 View attachment 497019 View attachment 497019 View attachment 497019 If

If all else fails......”To The Internet!”
My first uneducated guess would be the tracks are cat but the toes aren’t showing for some odd reason in all the tracks. Unlikely on every foot though, right?
My second guess would be the cat was born with a birth defect that affected his toes on all four feet.
Polydactylism is a more common defect. Cats born with more toes than normal like Hemingway cats have a mitten like appearance to the front claws.
Syndactylism is a condition where they are born with digits fused together. Maybe it’s that?

This sounds like the most likely explanation Eucman. Thanks for doing the investigation.

·
Banned
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I count 4 toes but I haven't had a 4 cups of coffee yet.
Sorry, yes that's why I wrote "Also", but I should have specified "other animals" "with four toes" to be more clear.

I only posted it as an interesting example, and to contrast / compare with the original subject. Neighbors, some miles away from me, told me last summer that they had seen a Gray Wolf; felt a funny feeling while walking the woods, then saw something in their peripheral vision, looked and saw a wolf standing still and looking straight at them. They felt they were being stalked. Another report last summer, was of a Cougar in the area (which were reported in several widespread locations across the UP.) Tons of deer around some of these areas, big bears, ...

Reactions: Wild Thing

·
Registered
26,908 Posts
Sorry, yes that's why I wrote "Also", but I should have specified "other animals" "with four toes" to be more clear.

I only posted it as an interesting example, and to contrast / compare with the original subject. Neighbors, some miles away from me, told me last summer that they had seen a Gray Wolf; felt a funny feeling while walking the woods, then saw something in their peripheral vision, looked and saw a wolf standing still and looking straight at them. They felt they were being stalked. Another report last summer, was of a Cougar in the area (which were reported in several widespread locations across the UP.) Tons of deer around some of these areas, big bears, ...
The wolf you see is not the one to worry about.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
That is from the Canine (likely wolf) track from yesterday's photo. 3 Toes is in the original post.
Yep, I only read the first paragraph and skimmed through the rest. I knew I should have had another cup of joe before posting.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.