·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Great Buck! What kind of gun is that?

·
Registered
223 Posts
similar story but a little different.

sat night i was watching about a 130+ but couldn't get off the shot. he was out about 2 hundred yards. i would grunt to stop him, but before i could pull the trigger he would begin to trot again, that happened three times until he crested over a hill. i grunted a few more times reeeaaaally loud. and over the hill came a wide racked buck. he came down the hill and into a plowed feild, i just figured it was him, took the shot and walked over to it w/ a little dissapointment. he was a 2 1/2 8 pt w/ a 16"+ inside spread. I SHOT THE WRONG BUCK:mad: . the worst thing is i allready shot a bigger buck than that w/ my bow. i would not of killed him if i knew, too excited i quess. so now i am buck tagged out. the good thing is though if he makes it he should be in the 140-150 range next year. anywho

nice buck, good pics, congrats

·
Tornado Jim
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is a brand spanking new Browning autoloader Gold Deer Hunter with 22" rifled barrel and cantelevered scope mounted with 2-7X Leupold.

This was the first kill with the new equipment.

Used Federal Barnes Expander Sabots. Unfortuneatly, these slugs do not have the knockdown power I am used to with a standard rifled slug. There was no exit wound at 35 yards. Typically I expect a blowout exit wound at that distance and a dead animal within 100 yards. The deer ran 250 yards on one lung, other lung and heart were intact, he finally bled out internally.

Think I will try a new slug next year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts