Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

This will be interesting

1893 Views 26 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  tincanary
How about that, a finesse steelhead rod.
Product Gas Auto part Electronic device Font

Automotive tire Bumper Engineering Automotive exterior Technology

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gas Machine Auto part
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Damn you bait monkey. I see they make a low-profile frame for this reel now, making it sit 7mm lower on the reel seat so it's easier to palm. Not that this is hard to palm, but it would also shed an ounce of weight on top of it. I swear these Abus are like Barbie for fishermen.

Wood Font Tool Measuring instrument Circle
Wood Font Circle Measuring instrument Ruler
Wish they made these for the 4500/5500 series, they could also really benefit from lowering. They can get uncomfortable to palm at times.
Damn you bait monkey. I see they make a low-profile frame for this reel now, making it sit 7mm lower on the reel seat so it's easier to palm. Not that this is hard to palm, but it would also shed an ounce of weight on top of it. I swear these Abus are like Barbie for fishermen.

View attachment 858148 View attachment 858150
Reactions: tincanary
Supposedly Avail has an offset frame in development for the 4000 size, wouldn't mind getting one when they're on the market. I ended up ordering the offset frame for my 2500C, with the exchange rate with the yen right now it was like getting a $70 discount versus earlier in the year. One company even makes an offset one piece aluminum frame for them but they don't ship outside of Japan nor do they supply any retailers that do. Bummer.
Wish they made these for the 4500/5500 series, they could also really benefit from lowering. They can get uncomfortable to palm at times.
The exchange rate is working for you obv ...im looking at a 20% salary cut come march 2023 cuz of it. Lol. Sorry to poison thread with this but dam that exchange rate is going to **** me
Do you get paid in a non US currency?
The exchange rate is working for you obv ...im looking at a 20% salary cut come march 2023 cuz of it. Lol. Sorry to poison thread with this but dam that exchange rate is going to **** me
I get funding in japanese yen lol so this 1 usd to 150 yen will crush me
Do you get paid in a non US currency?
Reactions: tincanary
Yeah that stinks. The exchange rates are so off right now because other countries aren't increasing interest rates at the rate we are at the moment. Once they do, things should be more similar to what they were in the past.
I get funding in japanese yen lol so this 1 usd to 150 yen will crush me
21 - 27 of 27 Posts