Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: All this rain and little warmer temps. is going to make for a interesting late season, I have already 2 places picked out. Both levels of water are up about 1 foot.

Checked today and seen about 40 ducks and about 15 geese.
Should be fun!!!

So hows all your honey holes shaping up for the weekend!

Just have to get the boat ready, that with the tire going flat on the last day of the season made me just want to give up until next year. Will have to get that done tomorrow. Birds get me way to excited!:dizzy:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am stoked. My swamp may be open !!!! That will make my sons first hunt ALOT better. All else fails two spots on the 'Zoo are all opened up and the boy was out countin geese today :)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I have shown this pic before but this was last year.

I still have access to this spot but since its 600 miles away and this is our first weekend with all the cabins filled up here I dont get to drive down.

My wife would kill me and be justified in doing so if I left her alone to do the turn over on every cabin.

Hmmm maybe if I took the kids with me. A swamp is a good place for a 4 year old and 2 year old in January right??? :evil:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BHB..I could let you know how it went with pics:lol: If I am not mistaken the peice that you speak of is on the east side of the state?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
LilyDuck said:
BHB..I could let you know how it went with pics:lol: If I am not mistaken the peice that you speak of is on the east side of the state?

Hey thats big of you..

Hoestly if it were up to me and I could "give" the permission away I would let you Branta and two other guys from the site have a great hunt in a heart beat. BUT its not my place to give permission.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
If everything falls together all i can say is it will be a muddy hunt. Muddy but good

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
LilyDuck said:
:cool: All this rain and little warmer temps. is going to make for a interesting late season, I have already 2 places picked out. Both levels of water are up about 1 foot.

Checked today and seen about 40 ducks and about 15 geese.
Should be fun!!!

So hows all your honey holes shaping up for the weekend!

Just have to get the boat ready, that with the tire going flat on the last day of the season made me just want to give up until next year. Will have to get that done tomorrow. Birds get me way to excited!:dizzy:
Shoot some for me....got to work both nights and won't get out in time to do any morning hunts but maybe an afternoon hunt or a stroll down the creek and see if my shooting is any better!

Dave

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Our spot looks pretty good.
Should have no trouble poping a mixed bag of cans, reds and blues, and of course our specialty the gooses..
With the guns we have going on the hune Sat. am these birds don't stand a chance.
We are going to give going out with a bang a new meaning - I hope. :p
Good luck everybody.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
i drove around for an hour and a half today - put in at least 60 miles scouting
i saw 1 goldeneye ( a barrows .. ooooh:eek:) that was 10' from someones house and 1 field w/ about 40 geese in it..... can't get permission.
the river was open, but no sign of any birds.

thats it - i'm freaking p!$$'d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts