Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have to find a new honey hole.

I drove by the pond I like to fish in the winter, and found a couple of freshly paved roads around it. There were utility trucks setting up power lines. I saw the orange surveyors tape last year, but wasn't too concerned, that area has been surveyed a couple times in the past with nothing further in terms of development, but it looks like its a done deal this time.

I really love fishing here. Just throw my sled full of gear in the back of the truck, and in 15 minutes I'm on the ice and ready to fish. Its mostly spring fed, and finding those tasty 'gills is almost always no problem. Best of all, it gets little or no pressure. A real peacefull place to fish...I can go there and get my limit or just have a relaxing winter's day to myself out on the ice.

I'm hoping the pond freezes soon so I can get in at least a couple more days before they run me off.

Urban sprawl sucks.:mad:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Been there,done that ,yeah sucks.I lost a fav.fishing hole that had the biggest gills ever. I have 2 mounted on the wall from it.sigh.........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts