Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mixed and sprayed a 50 to 1 garlic powder and Gly. on my soy beans. Beans are about 6" tall, but weeds/grass pretty heavy. Thought if I killed " 2 birds with one stone". What do yall think? Gonna work?

·
Registered
212 Posts
the gly will kill the weeds and the garlic powder will give the deer bad breath.hahahaha
what was the garlic powder for:to help control bugs or try to keep the deer out?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the gly will kill the weeds and the garlic powder will give the deer bad breath.hahahaha
what was the garlic powder for:to help control bugs or try to keep the deer o
ut?
to keep deer from chowing down. Was actually wondering if garlic mix would minimize effect of Gly.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
dish soap will be just as effective as garlic for keeping the deer at bay (until the first good rain), they don't like soap in the mouth just like you when growing up!

·
Premium Member
30,900 Posts
dish soap will be just as effective as garlic for keeping the deer at bay (until the first good rain), they don't like soap in the mouth just like you when growing up!
You obviously have never met dmav, he was angelic as a child.:)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hear garlic works for vampires, never heard of using it for deer. If you have small plots and high deer numbers, then soybeans are tough to grow.

I tried planting them and never got them to maturity. It's like candy on my plots. That being said I am trying about 2 acres of them this season, I have them in a "mix" with other food items. Hoping I can hide them a little or give the deer more options. We'll see.

Keep us informed of how that works for you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear garlic works for vampires, never heard of using it for deer. If you have small plots and high deer numbers, then soybeans are tough to grow.

I tried planting them and never got them to maturity. It's like candy on my plots. That being said I am trying about 2 acres of them this season, I have them in a "mix" with other food items. Hoping I can hide them a little or give the deer more options. We'll see.

Keep us informed of how that works for you.
LOL... It actually smelt pretty good. Bet folks from miles around could smell it too. Yes I put in about 2 acres of Eagle browse tollerant RR soys. If This doesn't work, I'll stick to clover/chickory and brasica/turnip in the fall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts