Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be fun....
My gun identifies itself as a bow
Can I use a little bait if I pick it up tonight when I'm done hunting?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,269 Posts
It's three inches from the backside of the mainbeam ,right?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Is it trespassing if it's not posted?

Use to hunt with a guy that felt he could hunt anywhere and everywhere. There were no rules to him. No longer even talk to him after he let his son shoot a buck in early antlerless season several years ago and got pissed at me for not letting him hang it in my garage.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
I was walking a river in NW MI during the hey day of salmon in 87. I was looking for some fresh salmon spawn on a small river where the locals poach salmon. We found some so I put it in a jar and walked back up to the car. While we were meandering around the car a DNR officer pulls up. We had a Little small talk and a few questions and my yr old son volunteers...."Hey..... my dad just got some spawn from a fish." :yikes:So I fessed up and showed him, told him I did not take it from a fish I found it on the bank. He made me show him, explained how I am not supposed to keep it. Then he said in this case since you did not poach it to go ahead and take it.

·
Premium Member
10,788 Posts
A couple of years ago I got checked in the spring fishing. Real nice guy and we talked for a bit then he said I guess I should check your lic. I asked him what kind of prize he was going to get. He just looked at me and grinned. I said I am almost 70 years old been fishing since 4 or 5 and he is the first to ever check me inMich. He started laughing as I got my lic out and said I would give you a gift if you did not have the lic. We both laughed then he told me of several spots to try for some fish. He looked in my pail and said how many you got. I said I have no idea. He said looks like 15 to me. When I got home there was 15 fish in the pail

1 - 20 of 46 Posts