Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
You guys to the far east side area are lucky. The soil base is more clay/loam than here at the far side of Warren where there is a lot more sand. But, I did notice that it was good pickings for earthworms when I turned over part of the garden to bury some fish carcasses.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are you guys picking them after the rain in the grass? Or, do you dig em up? We used to look for em at the golf course at night, with a dim light. I'd like to give it a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
took your advice and went out at 4:30 this a.m. walked over to the local golf course 4 houses away.used my headlamp and picked up 5-6 dozen in an hour before the sun came up and they were gone. i should have gone last night when it was still raining. i got enough for this weekend . pretty cool for my first time flashing worms.gee, worm flashing . is that better than perch milking?

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
Picked 170 of them in about 2 hrs :)

Our power was out last night, so not much else to do except drink beer and go worm picking :lol:

What kind of bedding do you like??? Just bought some of the frabill kack that they sell at BPS...Not too sure of that stuff.:confused:

Of course if I get to erie tommorow they won't be around long enough to matter.:evilsmile

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
sometime the bright flashlight will startle the crawlers so we used to but a piece of red celeophane (sp) over the lens attach it with a rubber band.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, its alot better after a good rain, the night I started this post, we had a good rain most of the day, put on something to diffuse the light, hit all my neighbors yards, I think they think I'm nuts.:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts