Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:coolgleam got on the phone with titelines this mornin....found out he wasnt at work because his truck needed a starter...snuck out early for lunch and went over there and put a starter on that crate...talked him into skippin the whole day and going to detroit for some handlining...many thanks to talon, houghton laker, mushy and a few others for puttin me on this detroit river spoon bite...we flew the belgian flag...

once i got chris [tightwad...i mean tightline] on the river i drove him over to riverside and made him buy the qweens license ...or watch me fish....and then i put him on his first ever walleye handlining...it would not be his last...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKoQdoHFxVw

yes we pulled up silvers, smalters, and walters until our arms were sore...we packed it in with the qweens limit and threw back some extra walters to boot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOH_JAoBZ4

tighty says hes gonna sample some silver...

theres two silver lyin there in the grass...:lol:

ps i called in work from the river and told them 'its so nice out i'm not comin back from lunch...until next tuesday!!!':lol:

so let the odyssey begin

·
Registered
366 Posts
Awesome, awesome day..... Hope it happens again tomorrow:cool::D. Great call on hitting the river, weather should hold out for us tomorrow..... It's one of those days I'll never forget, and I got a video to prove it.....

Ended up sharing the fish with a neighbor that can't get out to fish anymore, think we made he day also......

Later buddy, see you tomorrow....

Chris

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Great report Blue!! I love to see those pictures and videos.....I can tell where you were at by the video and thats the hot spot right now!! I was going to go this morning before work....but slept in a little too late!! I have all next week off though so I'll be at it every day!! Gotta love that Belgium flag spoon!! Also blue and pearl has been good!;)

I got a call yesterday from someone from the FLW....they were taking out a reporter doing a story and wanted to know where to fish on the American side....I told them where I would try if I was them....Hope they did well!! That may be my next area to go to......can't release that location as of yet:D

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks again for posting on this board...you guys put me on that bite...amazingly we had that stretch of river almost totally to ourselves...only the one canadian who runs charters in the drab green boat...we did follow him down there from the whiskey plant...i guess 300 boats launching at the spillway kinda takes the pressure off the alter rd ramp :) ...btw i see you are in rosepointshores...do we drive right by you when we take utica down to 12 mile and kick over to 94? if you wanna relax and go no boat sometime let me know i'd like the lesson...

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ho hum another trip to detroit another 11 walters...yes we were stopped short of the double limit because we ran out of time and had to return to the ramp or get locked in for the night...we handlined for 2 1/2 hours...the best spoon [for us] was red and green...:D....tomorrow marine city....[if walleye mike hasnt emptied the river]

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sunday mornin...wasnt plannin on goin...slept till 6...started foolin around with the boat...maintenance...it wasnt raining...so i ran down to the deeetroit river and dropped in at 830...got 4 walters in 45 minutes...then nothing but silvers and smallters...quit just as the rain kicked back up around 1030...red and green spoons...

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Got out early...5:00am.....and caught a few dandies on pencil plugs!! finished off with spoons....easy limit but they were not coming as easy as last week!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts