Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
181 - 200 of 238 Posts
Well fellas unless there is a miracle and I make it back to Michigan for gun season I went 0 for 7 sits and ate a 138 dollar tag and a 70 dollar turkey tag :-(

ended up missing a doe not last night but the night before.

i hunted t5 different stands at four different pieces of propertiesa!
i had a blast and froze my butt off a couple times...

saw like q10 different bucks and plenty of does but it just wasnt meant to be....this year has been tough on me to say the least! some years you just arent meant5 to get anything and apparently this year was that year for me! so i applogize guys but know i gave it my best!

good luck and ill still be checking in often

Attachments

Holy brow tines! those things look like they are around 13-14 inches long? good lord.....What a nice buck!!!

feeling bad that i didnt score in this contest and the fact i wasnt impressed by the amount of decent bucks i saw at my spots this year as i usually do im looking for an out of state hunt again! I am thinking I will go to Nebraska! i may have a good lead on some property out there i miss hunting big whitetails! I could shoot plenty of small ones but i just dont get the excitement out of shooting just any buck... im a horn hunter:D still pissed i miss that doe though as i love whitetail meat:(

congrats on an awesome buck!

Discussion starter · #190 ·
Thanks for posting those Mr. Smith. i was trying to get a full size link but it wouldnt work for me on this computer. I see what i can do when i get home.

No big deal Hawk, you will have better luck next year. I am still in illinois waiting for my dad to fill his tag. I should be back in michigan this weekend attempting to add more points to the board! good luck fellas!

Yep
They either cut the master lock or a 1/2 inch cable.
Last time I saw it was on Saturday.
I would love to catch the SOB.

May the welds bend and brake the first time they try to use is...I had a climber walk away on me last year...that made 4 stands stolen in 10 years, all were locked...so now I buy the cheap ones and don't waste money on a lock...so far this year has been safe.

In the heavy winds and rain this afternoon I moved a stand to the runway the 8 point and 6 were using. When I set the stand and got up to take a view I noticed the scrape:yikes: It was at least 4ft in irregular diameter...so with the rain we are getting and wind, hopefully the stink I left behind will dissipate by Friday...In the past 5 years I have gone 3/5 on Veterans Day...so hopefully I'll be posting pics Saturday.

Great buck Phensway!! Congrats!

181 - 200 of 238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.