Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent the last hour in my Ottter Magnum Shanty. No not fishing, but trying to figure out how to configure the holes, the gear and heater into a better/roomier outfit for a 3 man opportunity. My results were outstanding after a few adjustments to the bench seat and travel tub, and discovering an easy mechanical means to measure just where to actually drill the holes before the shanty is set up. Now Instead of fishing with just 3 rods like I did last season, we can now use 3 jigging rods and 2 dead sticks, and still have room to move around, keep warm and land fish. I've created 36 "Square Feet of Death" corner to corner, for the walleyes this coming season. :tdo12: :yikes: :evilsmile

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Sound like fun. I will be tweeking the ice cruiser tomorrow night - got a company thing going tonight or I'd give serious thought to the white fish in the channel. I whipped together a bench seat for it last year since I got the rig late in the season, but it won't due this year! The eskimo rigs have a nice fold down bench, but Frabill have these modular bucket seat that don't look as comfy. Ah the tinkering...good stuff.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
booktens said:
Preparation is key. Go get em !!!

Thank's Booktens. And it was partly due to your propane tank holder and its secure base, that allowed me to safely put it in a better out of the way place. Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
William H Bonney said:
This thread is useless without pics!!!!!!!LOL

Pics PLEASE!! ;)
Thats what I thought too but I dont think the capt. Dan ice man is gonna give away his ideas too quickly ;) Gotta stalk him on the ice fer a bit :evil: j/k

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
William H Bonney said:
This thread is useless without pics!!!!!!!LOL

Pics PLEASE!! ;)

Sorry Bill. I folded the shanty up and put it back in the corner after the modifications. But your right. I usually take pictures of everything I do and post them. Next time for sure. :evil:

Heres a token picture of a client from last year to get your blood boiling. :gaga:

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
I'll let ya slide on this one, I know you're always pretty good about the pics. I was just curious cause I have a couple of Otters myself. I have the med. and small dens, all my buddies have shanties so I'm usually solo in the shanty. But with a new addition to the arsenal this year(ATV) I'll be expecting a lil' more company, since the walk ain't so bad, anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Fishfoote said:
Sound like fun. I will be tweeking the ice cruiser tomorrow night - got a company thing going tonight or I'd give serious thought to the white fish in the channel. I whipped together a bench seat for it last year since I got the rig late in the season, but it won't due this year! The eskimo rigs have a nice fold down bench, but Frabill have these modular bucket seat that don't look as comfy. Ah the tinkering...good stuff.
annnnnd, the bucket seat is heavier then H*%l. A fold up metal chair w/padded seat fits great and is much more comfy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts