Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

The Shove?

6017 37
What is this "Shove" everyone is talking about... I'm guessing I'm not hiking out far enough to see it. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Its a little hill of ice a few hundred yards out from metro.
Reactions: Hunter Mel
if you walk straight out of daysail launch its exactly 1mile can veer to the left and its about .8 mile, but its aways out there.
Its a little hill of ice a few hundred yards out from metro.
that looks vaguely familiar... thanks!
Snow Slope Ice cap Mountain Atmospheric phenomenon
Think someone posted the ice was only 4 inches there so be carful if headed there especially later in the week
What is this "Shove" everyone is talking about... I'm guessing I'm not hiking out far enough to see it. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks
LOL.

I wish I had those horses to take me out.
that looks vaguely familiar... thanks!
View attachment 296606
Reactions: jvw10
Ice was a foot thick here. And that ain't no "little hill"
Wheel Snow Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my XT1254 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
goblue you ever venture on the other side? wondering why no one is out deeper? ive been getting the walleye on this side of the shove but always wonder if i walked more i could find more?? lol
Nope. Not me. Right there is as close as I'm going to that "little hill".
Looks like a death trap to me.

goblue you ever venture on the other side? wondering why no one is out deeper? ive been getting the walleye on this side of the shove but always wonder if i walked more i could find more?? lol
just get you one of them fire breathing dragons from the (looks vaguely familiar pic) and blow a hole thru it........smart choice ggoblue
Reactions: jvw10
Was that straight out of Crocker? I believe the guy that said only 4 inches was next to it straight out of daysail.
Ice was a foot thick here. And that ain't no "little hill" View attachment 296624

It was south of the spillway.

Was that straight out of Crocker? I believe the guy that said only 4 inches was next to it straight out of daysail.
The other side was open water before last cold snap, that's why the ice piled up so high.
Will you get to the shove going straight out of Selfridge ?
Not the same one, but from dnr launch on south river road looking towards Selfridge last week was all open.
Reactions: WHITE CLOUD
That ice shove would be referred to as a "Speed bump" by the Saginaw Bay guys. :coco:
Those boys are crazy up there, bringing planks with them jeeze
That ice shove would be referred to as a "Speed bump" by the Saginaw Bay guys. :coco:
Reactions: Shedd
We call them planks..them boys call them jumping ramps..lol
Those boys are crazy up there, bringing planks with them jeeze
I was out 3/4 mile Sunday. Plenty of ice, and a couple people a little further. I couldn’t see a shove.
Will you get to the shove going straight out of Selfridge ?
Reactions: WHITE CLOUD
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.