Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
2 days of fishing they all went up river ....

Its over till next year.
By all means believe that...I'll still hit the piers and do some fact finding

·
Registered
405 Posts
They are gone, They all went up the river in 2 days with the rain... that is how it seems...
You tell all those that were fishing the south pier where I was at yesterday evening that all the fish have gone up the river and they will LAUGH YA TO SCORN. I have never seen so many boats in a small area in all my life. The fishermen were lined up on the pier like you would not believe. They were catching them on the pier and they were catching them in between the pier head and channel. Sometime there were three four boat fighting fish at the same time that two if not three were fighting fish on the pier.
I'm so sad to hear that all the fish have gone up river. It must have been a bleak day for all those fishermen at the pier where I was.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Fished Friday and Saturday. Two ports (one big and one small), mostly live bait. It was simply awesome. Caught fish all day (first light was best-but packed). Great afternoon bite as well with far fewer people.

Checked one pier late this (Sunday) morning (too tired and sore to fish). Still some fish being taken. All complained the early bite was light.

Fish taken were an even mix of of cohos and kings. Saw a couple lakers and steelhead, oddly not a brown.

All cleaned fish including some sun tanned kings had alewives in their stomaches; and pink meat. I think we'll see another push.

Good fishing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The run is done... that is my story and I am sticking too it....
It is going to be sad to hear that Dave put his rods away when the big run hits the piers. But thats OK Dave - We understand age has a lot to do with fishing the pier. The young and restless can tollerate the late hours. But us senior citizens have to group together and get them while it is still warm out. :evil::evil::evil:, But there is always next year right?

The next report that I'll probably give will be that from Traverse City. No real piers there - but they have really not started running up the streams as of yet. When they do - my friend - who is a die hard fisherman says that there will many 30# salmon taken this year in the Bays. I have my little 14 footer ready to go: lights, anchors, clubs, fish box, net, rods, and the new "sidefinder fish locator". I will still be using the same casting baits that I have cast off the piers. I will probably be there Thursday through Saturday a least.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
It is going to be sad to hear that Dave put his rods away when the big run hits the piers. But thats OK Dave - We understand age has a lot to do with fishing the pier. The young and restless can tollerate the late hours. But us senior citizens have to group together and get them while it is still warm out. :evil::evil::evil:, But there is always next year right?

The next report that I'll probably give will be that from Traverse City. No real piers there - but they have really not started running up the streams as of yet. When they do - my friend - who is a die hard fisherman says that there will many 30# salmon taken this year in the Bays. I have my little 14 footer ready to go: lights, anchors, clubs, fish box, net, rods, and the new "sidefinder fish locator". I will still be using the same casting baits that I have cast off the piers. I will probably be there Thursday through Saturday a least.
...and I'll be in waders ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
...and I'll be in waders ;)
Hey if you can't see me out thar its because I'm in a cameo boat. I thought I'd sneak up on those big lunker and catch them before they know I'm thar. If you see me goin by down the river, give me a hollar and I'll make as if I'd never heard ya. See ya there. Thumper:D:D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Dave Ash, So now that the run is over, you probably aren't going to make it to our little get together, on the concrete, on Saturday....Hmmmmm? :) Capnhook

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Just have my new spoons bright and shiny. I'll see you at the light house. Bring your best game!:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts