Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 61 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
Stopped by. A guy in a pick up next too me said he watched a guy almost take a plunge..
One whack with spud, spud went through guy's arms went out....He thought he was going in. He didn't though.

7 guy's or so out. With the snow they're calling for I'd be careful

·
Registered
783 Posts
Stopped by. A guy in a pick up next too me said he watched a guy almost take a plunge..
One whack with spud, spud went through guy's arms went out....He thought he was going in. He didn't though.

7 guy's or so out. With the snow they're calling for I'd be careful
snow will help.....slush the open half froze lake....hard freeze wed thurs fri

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Rumor back couple years now they added algae/seaweed killer in canals which stunted coverage for fish. Anyone else hear this one?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Rumor back couple years now they added algae/seaweed killer in canals which stunted coverage for fish. Anyone else hear this one?
Definitely. That second canal was great fishing, and then they killed off the weeds. I've been told that it has also impacted the lake weeds outside the canals.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
That's what alot of people said it was slow, I was there a few times and always got on fish. A lot of guys were walking right past the fish.

·
Registered
783 Posts
If a guy does good and shows off his catch there would be 100 guys tommorow.If you find a spot by your self and doing good it’s best to keep your mouth shut unless you want a lot of company
there are a hundred guys there every day no matter

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Was there on wed, ice was really thin by the marina. Fished for about an hr, 2 nice fish and that was all she wrote. Took off for better pastures, little did I know it would be struggle bus for tge rest of the day. There wasn't anyone in the marina either

·
Registered
783 Posts
Fished on 3" of ice at the Raft yesterday from 3:30 to 5:30. Saw some dinks so small I thought my minnow would eat them. Used a red beaded spoon also - nothing. Was good to get on the ice. Talked to one fisherman - nothing for him either.
i go to the raft for sunfish not perch although the SDI big perch was caught there last year by a guy 10 ft away from me it was a monster 14+

41 - 61 of 60 Posts