Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hit the zoo today with my cousin, we started out trying some skein bouncing, it wasn't long and the first tap tap was felt at the end of my rod, fought a nice hen steelie to right up beside the boat but the 6# leader gave out before we could slide the net under her.:bloos: We tried bouncing for a while longer with no other takers so we headed for the trolling haunts, set rods and moved about 50 yds and the jeff gordon tot rod bent over with this nice silver griller:D
then we trolled about another 100 yds and the blk\gold tot bent over and made a run and was gone:bash: ,reset everything and trolled about another 50 yds and the same blk\gold went again this time it was my turn at the rod and this nice steel came to the net.
then we had a dry spell for awhile with 1 other hit on a blk gold around noon but it shook the hook, changed up a few baits while we were cooking some walleye and venison,:corkysm55 and took back off and it wasn't long and this nice buck slammed a chrome/blue tot,
,awhile later we had a slam on a chrome/chart ladder tot and it got into the brush and broke us off.:rant: then at the end of the day another chrome/chart ladder slammed off and the fight was on:yikes: this thing was burning line and trying to make a mess of things when all of a sudden another rod took off on the opposite side but we didn't make it to the rod in time before she jumped and tossed the hooks, meanwhile we managed to land this beautiful 10#plus steel to put an end to our great day on the water.
We released all the fish except the one silver fish we kept for the grill, what a great day on the water. see ya all out there Larry

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
WOW, nice report with pics. You are the Man. Gonna change your nickname to "troutwhacker".:lol:
Gotta love these grey, calm winter days! Nice job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts