Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys , we're all signed up and ready to go !

The Granddaughter came and stayed Friday night. We got up and went and listened Saturday morning. We seem to have a good population of gobbling turkeys again this year.
Tried to get the binoculars on some , but they seem to be feeding in the woods. Waited for about an hour and then had to get back and get ready for family functions all day.
Anyways , there was more gobbling than I expected with it being so cold. They were quite vocal.
And we even got to watch the eclipse !

Anybody else been out ?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Unfortunately, I have not been out. Been a very busy spring and it is looking like it will continue that way. I lost permission to the property I took my bird on last year, at least for the first season. No biggie, the owner wants to hunt with some of his friends and I have plenty of other places to go.

I am looking forward to trying out some new properties this year. I would really like to put a couple friends on birds as well as try to call one for the old lady. Counting down the days, should be a great year.

·
Premium Member
9,093 Posts
Looking forward to hunting w/ you guys again!! Saw a big tom just down the road a couple mornings ago, i can hunt there. I have quite a few spots to go this year and feel pretty good about them, well, most of them.

Ready to get going!!:)

-Bob

·
Registered
740 Posts
I saw 2 or 3 gobblers strutting on my way to work this morning. Getting excited and going scouting on saturday morning.

Where do you guys hunt? I will be hunting in arenac county. I live in saginaw and also might try around here as well.

·
Registered
20,388 Posts
I saw 2 or 3 gobblers strutting on my way to work this morning. Getting excited and going scouting on saturday morning.

Where do you guys hunt? I will be hunting in arenac county. I live in saginaw and also might try around here as well.
Welcome to the team Tom.
Did anyone tell ya that the new-guy buys the first and last round at our post season get-together ?
:)
I hunt Montcalm & Lapeer Co.
L & O

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The granddaughter and I will be out in the morning. Listening and glassing.
Got to get on top of the birds and stay on them.
The grandson is due home from Korea on May 6th. Says he wants to squeeze in a hunt before he has to report for duty at Fort Polk. Hopefully , he can tag one !

Anybody else going out?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I hunt Van Buren and Kalamazoo counties. I am setting a blind up this afternoon.

Just a week to go!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ALOT of gobbling this morning.
ALOT of birds in the same old roosting spots.
Rode around after daylight and saw quite a few strutters. A lot of them staying in the woods yet also. A lot of gobbles after flydown also.
I think it's going to be a good year !

·
Premium Member
9,093 Posts
ALOT of gobbling this morning.
ALOT of birds in the same old roosting spots.
Rode around after daylight and saw quite a few strutters. A lot of them staying in the woods yet also. A lot of gobbles after flydown also.
I think it's going to be a good year !

Almost here. I have 1st season (ZZ). I have listened in the morn behind the house for over a week now and haven't heard one gobble. I have a few other spots that I know are holding some good birds, I think I will actually "hunting" for one this year!!:lol:

I know we have a good team this year again!

Good luck all!

Bob

·
Premium Member
31,795 Posts
I know we have a good team this year again!

Bob

Good is the enemy of great and good got you a 9th place finish last year.;)
Be careful not to set your sights too high, you might hurt something.:evil:

See you next Thursday. The Snoods are off to NM to tune up our turkey slaying skillz! :woohoo1:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.