Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thanks for getting it started! Just add my 2 cents, With typical fashion of king fishing, boundaries are pushed. Keep it clean and positive people to not have it shut down again. With politics aside tips, rigging, how to’s, success, and funny stories are acceptable I think. Also conditions help. Probably best to keep river name to self and PM others if needed….. good luck fellas!! post some pictures
Here’s a couple past pictures, Gezz couldn’t come soon enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Rumor has it the launch at Custer is going to be shut down for a couple of months starting in August

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have used EJ jigs for Lake Trout and have caught fish. The guy who owns EJ jigs is a local guy (Traverse City), so I like to buy jigs from him. I know some people use them for Kings.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Can anybody recommend a cheap spinning setup that can handle these beasts? I don’t want to ruin my steelhead reel.

Reactions: cowboy48098

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Pfuegler President and a Riversider IM7, or a baitcaster like PunyTrout suggested.
I will learn how to cast a bait caster next year, loool. Riverside IM7 combo from dicks meets my criteria. Great suggestion.

1 - 20 of 450 Posts