Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first had this blind sitting on plot #3 for a few yrs, by hunting around it out of stands I noticed bucks where leary of it. So then We moved it to plot #1 (edge of the yard) to turkey hunt but never hunted it. I planted plot #1 thursday with alfalfa for observing deer from the house and get trailcam pics in the summer and hope for not much of a draw in oct and nov.
Heres a pic from thursday of it on plot#1 sticking out like a sore thumb.

I cut and lowered the roof 6 inches and moved it to plot #2, Its set up like a walkout basement. In the ground 2ft + and sticking out 2ft. So I stuck a big cherry log in front of it and made it a big brushpile, already was a big brushpile. Bare minimum intrusion to get to this blind being 60 yds from the yard and perfect for SW to N winds. Crossbow and gun only, atleast my 12 yr old daughter has a crossbow, I think I have a reason to buy one now. It needs some more brush and I need hinges for the door so no pics of the back. Next yr You won't even be able to see it.
A close up

other end of plot

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Real sweet hut, I really like it man. Should be perfect for a crossbow, I purchased one last year, ain't no shame in my game. If it's legal, and I can make a more ethical shot, I'm all for it.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Looks like a nice setup and ambush site.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
I would have painted the outside of the blind a mixture of flat black and dark green to cut the glare. However you have done a fine job of brushing it in at this location.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a nice setup and ambush site.
It is :D. You can see the ravenna grass on the right, theres a hingecut brushpile wall behind them, and I have a stand at each end of the ravenna grass/wall. The creek is deep and has a real soft bottom for the next mile and on the left side of this plot is only 1 ft deep and hard bottom for a hundred yds which means they already prefer to cross here. Seeing 5-6 bucks in this plot at atime is a regular occurance. You can usually shoot a buck everytime you hunt this plot, I'm kinda picky though. Thanks.

I would have painted the outside of the blind a mixture of flat black and dark green to cut the glare. However you have done a fine job of brushing it in at this location.
I actually did mist gray and then flat black on it, I might spray a little more black when I hang the door. Next year the raspberries and grass will hide the blind and I'll only trim the window out. I'm still brushing it in though. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sweet!!! How are your hingecut areas with those invasive shrubs in it?:lol::yikes:
Havent really went for a walk yet in another week or two, but what I can see from the edges it looks very nice. First thing I noticed as I was standing on the edge of my clover plot looking into bedding area #2 I noticed a bush that had little thorns. Heres a pic from a couple wks ago, you can see this bush in the right side of the pic. I noticed a whole bunch of them growing along the rd so I dug up 20 of them and planted them in bedding area #4 and 20 in #3 and 20 in#1, I hope they made it through the drought since they like to grow here already.

another pic from the edge of bedding area #4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts