Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Without giving away the plot. Was it good?
Okay, I saw the original in 1977 at a drive in at age 4. Some of my first memories in life; I was afraid of Darth Vader. To me, this episode was one of the best. However, much of the episode will not make sense unless you have read the the Darth Bane series of books. Is it worth seeing? Hell yeah! Just be forewarned, some of it may not make sense unless you have read the books.

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
I won't see it. I'd rather keep the memory of seeing the first one in 77.

Drill sergeant Tinker took his wife to see it on the first night. The next day he called formation and stood in front of the company. His words were, "you boys need to see this. Right face, forward March". He took us to the base theater and then we knew what was up. I saw most of it but will admit to talking asleep once or twice. That was a long time to sit still in an air conditioned building at Benning!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Star Wars nerd here.
Have seen them all in theaters, have even traveled by plane to witness screenings.
The newest edition, ranks near the bottom of my list for overall viewing enjoyment. Maybe with subsequent viewings, it will climb higher.
With such a rich and long history of the saga, a final installment is always hard pressed to please all. That being said, this final chapter has a bit of everything, for everyone. Therein lies it's biggest fault.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Were any of them good?

·
Premium Member
30,254 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
Were any of them good?
I was gonna ask that exact question.

I was forced to waste my time on one of them, don't recall which, in school for some reason. I don't remember why, but I know it was English class. I slept.

I keep toying with the idea of watching them, but I honestly couldn't care less if I do. Maybe if my son wants to in years to come?

I do, however, love LOVE the baby Yoda memes on Facebook. I kinda want to watch the Mandelorian for no other reason than him. But I understand that it has almost nothing to do with the Star Wars series.

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
14,856 Posts
It was good. I was hoping for this final to be great, it wasn't.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
It was the best of all the Star Wars movies. I have seen them all in theaters as first runs, starting in Alpena at the State Theater, summer of 1977.

The film released in 2017, The Last Jedi, was the best one of the series at that time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts