Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the gmo corn and other cash crops producing there own pesticide within the plant to ward off pest insects,manny were claiming this was the reason for colony collapse in bee hives. The bees collect pollen from plant until the concentration of chemical is high enough in the hive and you have collapse of the colony. Now I read that a big chem agriculture company is in the bee research business and they said there working on a bee thats using flying ant genetics to not be affected by there crops. The kicker is it is possible in the future that original honeybees disapeer or go extinct and these bees will be patented and we will have to buy there bees. My concerns would be the bee diversity would be killed off and you can already see how bad of an idea that is. I use bees to pollinate trees and crops for agriculture and habitat plots and enjoy honey. I see a bad future ahead for my kids with these blatant money oriented tactics concerning nature. Just thought some of you on here might use bees for your deer habitat.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts