Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in the last day or so checked the new ice out of linwood or parish rd about 2.3 miles out? Thanks and good luck

·
Premium Member
11,648 Posts
you know i havent been out since sun on the bay and i have been wondering the same thing. my buddies that fish also have been goin on the east side becuz they have been actually catching them over there so no one i know that i talk fish with personally knows and i would really like to know too! im wondering if people are getting out now and they just dont want us to know about it.... haha i guess im only 2 miles from the bay i could always take a ride and just see ahah.

·
Premium Member
11,648 Posts
last weekend there was a few groups out there but i know it was only like 3" at that point so im sure its better now i just dont know a number. i was planning on goin for a check today but it didnt work out that way. and tom may not either!! :( anywho im thinkin it has to be about 5" by now. it has been very cold at night and not about 30 during the day. snow may insulate a bit but it hasnt been there for long

·
Registered
761 Posts
I went out of Linwood this morning I went intill I saw some nasty looking ice. I stopped and spudded acrossed it and on the other side it was only 4". I thought my GPS read 4.2 miles out from hoyles. Ice was 8" where i was fishing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Was out of Erickson rd tonight. Ice was 5" were we fished at. Stopped at one spot and hit the spud 2 times and had water. Ice eas maybe 3 inches there. Anyway marked four on the ex and that was it. talked to as group of 5 that fished from 1 till dark and they had two fish.

·
Premium Member
11,648 Posts
well its close to being ready then. i prefer about 6miles out. thats where heaven can be found but i dont think ill get there yet. soon tho :) anyone been near the black hole? or hear of ice conditions around there?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts