Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The response since my initial post last Saturday has been very good. About 20 people have said they want to participate, which is plenty to get this event going.

I'd like each of you to e-me directly so that I can compile a good list of everyone, so I can do broadcast mailings and keep everybody in the loop.

I'd also like to get as many suggestions as possible for locations. Tecumseh's last post mentioned places in Coleman and Clare (both in central Michigan) that could be ideal. Tecumseh, please e-me with more information or contact details for those places since I wasn't aware of them.

Also, please let me know how many dogs you'll bring to the hunt, their breed, and skill level (novice, intermediate, finished). That will help in the planning.

Capt. Tony

· Registered
6,543 Posts
You still haven't said when your going to have this? Now I have run some shoot-to-retrieves and a couple other kinds of trials but I only due them when there is no open hunting. Myself I would like to due this between April 15 to July 15 other than that I can run on wild birds. I would think most would or want to due this to keep dogs in shape for hunting. Here in Mi. if you don't have access to an approved training dog area or are not a woodcock bander you don't have a lot of opitions to legally run/train you dog.

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I guide anglers in Florida half the year and Michigan the other half, I won't be "home" until mid-June because of the tarpon season. Because of that, I was thinking of doing Hunts in July, August and early September. I fully agree that it's best to hunt wild birds when the season's open.

Once the program's in place, there's no reason y'all can't conducts these events in April, May, and June.

Capt. Tony

· Registered
2,885 Posts
crosswind said:
Depending on the date,you guys are welcome to use my training grounds.I can supply the birds ,ATV's etc. Field is well kept ,has water tubs in it,and plenty of cover.
I, for one, would definitely be in favor of using the services of a member or members of the forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.