Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Food Wood Plant Seafood Cuisine

Food Wood Seafood Grey Fish

Went out to battle the wind In Marysville about 10:30. All I gotta say is WTF! Almost didn’t launch. 1 boat coming in as I was going out, I said pretty sporty out there ain’t it. They were like yep no way we turned around. So I shot to queens side hoping I’d be a little more protected, was soaked by the time I made it across. Normally a 1 minute haul it took me about 20 minutes. Legit 3-4’ waves and was blowing so hard it almost blew my rod out my hand when I first grabbed it. So dropped down and had to keep my 112# thrust Ulterra on 10 just to battle the madness. Motor popping out of the water it was a mess. But then I got a good one in under 5 minutes. Pimp Daddy with orange tail tipped with chunk of crawler beat em up. Had my limit of solid fish by 11:48 and was playing C&R and was about to call it. Then Charlie hit me up saying he just finished up a job In Marysville do I wanna meet him at the dock. Of course I was down been a minute since we hung out. Picked him up and we shot back over there. At that point it had laid down and got pretty nice. We started hammering them immediately nonstop action couple double headers, lost a bunch too. They were choking it down their throats . Lost a tank off a double header trying to grab the other net. Good 6-7# for sure. Think we called it about 3:30. I’m absolutely fried! Dog Dick Red again! Good time tho charlie. Glad ya came out brother! Biggest went 24.5” smallest was 19.25”. All spawned out females. Was really surprised none were male. All I’ve been catching in algonac. Finally back into my favorite place on the river! Be back at it tomorrow with Doug and Aj.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Felt good to finally catch some fish with you seems like every time we go out the fishing is s***... Good luck to you boys tomorrow.. hopefully you talk Doug into getting his CA license

Sent from my SM-G991U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
We did better then when we hit that tree with Bernie tho! Glad we still have our teeth and Bernie is still alive after that trip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts