Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the “Joe” launch at 0530hr and launched 15 minutes later with a “greener” onboard. Trouble started at the docks when we backed up about ten feet and dug our Merc into the bottom and stalled. Without power tilt on the main, I started the kicker, sat on the splash rail and pulled up the main up by hand enough to get away from that damn sand/silt. And once again I said some choice words about the clowns that dredged the launch area. Two miles later we’ve cleared the docks and headed west for 70fow. Laid out 2 DR’s w/ spoons at 45 & 55 w/ sliders, 2 wire divers, 1 meat, 1 F/F, 2-30# copper, F/F, mini meat, 3 color w/ thinfin, 4 color w/ Purple Smurf. Had our 1st. Timer sit in the jump seat with a few basic instructions and I headed for my seat in the bow. Never made it to my seat and I hear “Fish on”. DR w/ and Mag Frozen Dolphin is screaming. This is Bob’s 1st. fish on the big lake and after a bump of the drag and 10 minutes of fun he has a nice 13# King thrashing around in the net. Now Neil is in the jump seat, I’m on the wheel and Bob’s up in the bow when the 3 color takes off screaming. I get the board off and about a minute later the fish is gone. The drag got bumped a little to tight and the hook pulled straight. Replaced that thinfin w/ a “Beefier” hooked thinfin and worked it out over the copper. Next was a lost fish on diver rod w/ a F/F out 150ft set on 1&½. Next contest was on a 4-color W/ the Smurf, steelhead in the net!!!! My turn next but first a drink of water and a smoke. DR is screaming even before I get to the jump seat, this fish is hot!! After several runs, we’ve got another King in the net. Then we lose a King at the net that hit the Frozen Dolphin again when the line snaps right at the back of the boat, ribbersnabberrabberruck!! Get back to my seat, Bob jumps and learns how much fun it is to grab the diver rod out of the holder while the drag is screaming. About 15minute later I netted the largest king of the day off the side of the boat, not my favorite place to net a fish. Noon o’clock, four fish in the box and we called it a day. Kings weighed 12#, 13#, and 14#, and the steelie was just shy of 10#. Not the biggest fish in the world but we’ve got a new “addicted” fishing partner just after one trip.
Martin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts