Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i know u guys been pulling wire hard,but do u think the jig bite is still on. last time i fished the mid-river dide so so,but not like early this spring.of course last weekend was gale force winds,i think it was just me,cant kill them every time....any comments would be appricated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
We picked up six yesterday. Four in one pass. The bite has slowed some , but once you find em they are still slammin the jigs. Ecorse area chartrueser jigs with same color grub. Stingers and topped off with afat minnow. Been slaying em steady for four weeks now.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
2 buddies limited out yesterday. they have found that as soon as the water cleared and the wind went south the fish were still there. roostertail pumphouse and along the chene park. 26-32 foot. green jigs, brown 4 inch creme worms, tipped with a crawler.bigger fish up to 4 pounds.
now sunday they couldn't buy a fish in the same spots but the handliners were steadily picking them off..they rolled a few buy caught 1. with this rain I don't know. it depends on the wind. if it turns east forget about jigging.

·
Registered
163 Posts
They are still their. But you might have to hunt for them a lil. we went to chene park yesterday and did not even get a bite. The water was really clean their. But soon as we moved to the canadian side the water was a lil bit dirty and we hammered them over their and a lot of nice fish too. But good luck if you get out their.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Does anyone else notice the 3 class of fish we catch, I always use the following. Small to large.
Good eaters= small
Nice fish=medium fish
Hogs= Well you know the rest.:lol:

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Hey Jim....Handlining on the canadien side yesterday....I actually caught 2 walleye I threw back in because they were only like 10-12 inches!!....and that was where you hammered them the day before!! That would have to be the Fourth class....Dinks.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
huntingmaniac45 said:
Castmaster picked up 18 last night with his buds. Believe me its still on for a while.:evilsmile

Thank God that boy starts his new job this coming week!!! Save a few fish for us poor handliners!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
huntingmaniac45 said:
Does anyone else notice the 3 class of fish we catch, I always use the following. Small to large.
Good eaters= small
Nice fish=medium fish
Hogs= Well you know the rest.:lol:
We are catching, 2003, 2004, and 2005 class fish, thats a great sign for the next couple of years, it would be nice if everybody released the 2005 class fish they are catching, there are plenty of 2003 and 2004 class fish out there to keep, and also the nice 4 to 5 lb fish being caught now are mostly hens that have spawned out and are now on the feed, if you dont want them for eaters release them so they can spawn again, they are good heathly spawners. we have been keeping the 2004 class fish this year, 18 to 22 inch males only. Good fishing.

·
Registered
472 Posts
FYI - Those 18 to 20 inch males are likely 2003 or older fish, very unlikely to be only 3 years old (2004 yearclass). Most 3 year old males will run 13 to 15 inches. All fishery survey data indicates 2004 yearclass was very weak and 2005 yearclass is well below average. 2006 was about as bad as 2002, which was one of the alltime busts.

·
Registered
947 Posts
huntingmaniac45 said:
It would help if they wore a banner or t-shirt or something, to tell me what year class they were from.:lol:
:yeahthat: :lol: :lol: Or simply ask them, I haven't had any answer yet though.:help: :cool:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Houghton laker said:
Thank God that boy starts his new job this coming week!!! Save a few fish for us poor handliners!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah no kidding, but I think he said he can still fish every morning after work.:dizzy:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
maybe we can buy them varsity jackets so we know what class they are from.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts