Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
741 - 760 of 1093 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Finished with 4 beefy lake trout (we’ve noticed how big and fat they are compared to other years), and one sandwich size king.

2 hard hits: one on a 7 color in 160 FoW on a green dolphin super slim, and one on a standard slide diver (4oz weight - with magnum ring) dragging a Craig’s Flounder Pounder Moonshine RV series standard spoon. (Gone, as in broke 20lb flouro leader).

Fun morning. We could have quit at 0900 instead of 1000. Marked quite a few fish north in 135-180’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
John, how long did it take to motor down past Arcadia?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
John, how long did it take to motor down past Arcadia?
It’s about 13 miles to the south side of Arcadia, I cruise at about 25 mph, it seemed pretty quick to me. Maybe half an hour I would guess. I was headed to a place south of there called, “the barrel”, which is around 4 miles further south but I started marking good bait so I shut down & set lines. With a south/south west wind it’s a great troll.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Monday morning report:
5:55 just finished setting lines and downrigger (55 ft) with yellowtail spoon started us with a 9# king
6:15 300Cu dirty pink panties spoon, 3lb.king
7:00 Diver on #3, back 180 with mongolian beef spoon, a few good shakes and gone
8:00 Was checking lines and found a 10 lb laker had not released a rigger at 95 ft (with 70 ft lead), yellowtail spoon again
8:40 Same 95 rigger took a 16#King on the outside of a turn
9:30 Pulling lines, 300Cu with dirty pink panties spoon had a 14-16" king... may have dragged that one a while, should have checked it.
So 5 for 6, 4 kings 1-16 lbs in 148-170 fow north off the bank.

Saw some of the Chicago to Mackinaw sailboats but they stayed out of fishing area

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Monday morning report:
5:55 just finished setting lines and downrigger (55 ft) with yellowtail spoon started us with a 9# king
6:15 300Cu dirty pink panties spoon, 3lb.king
7:00 Diver on #3, back 180 with mongolian beef spoon, a few good shakes and gone
8:00 Was checking lines and found a 10 lb laker had not released a rigger at 95 ft (with 70 ft lead), yellowtail spoon again
8:40 Same 95 rigger took a 16#King on the outside of a turn
9:30 Pulling lines, 300Cu with dirty pink panties spoon had a 14-16" king... may have dragged that one a while, should have checked it.
So 5 for 6, 4 kings 1-16 lbs in 148-170 fow north off the bank.

Saw some of the Chicago to Mackinaw sailboats but they stayed out of fishing area

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Nice!!

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Great report Capt Bob Thanks! Looking forward to fishing this weekend. I have been fishing the Manitous the last couple weeks, limited success. If anyone needs a report for the islands from Sunday or so, let me know.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Great report Capt Bob Thanks! Looking forward to fishing this weekend. I have been fishing the Manitous the last couple weeks, limited success. If anyone needs a report for the islands from Sunday or so, let me know.
I wouldn’t mind a report I’m in Glen arbor and always have to choose from S. Manitou or frankfort

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tried fishing out of Arcadia this morning, but the north wind ran us off of the lake. Had lines in the water for over an hour w/o a bite. Marked fish and bait, mostly below 100 in 120-150 FOW. Tomorrow’s forecast looks better. We’ll be out early if conditions allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

741 - 760 of 1093 Posts