Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

21 - 41 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
I got one!!
Unprotected launch, truck is a stick shift. Right after I winched it up & attached the safety chai a big wind/wave rolled in & picked up the back of my truck & pulled it into the water. As it was rolling by I did a Superman thru the window, grabbed first & 4x4 at the same time, let out the clutch & mashed the gas as the water hit the back window. Flew up the ramp with hundreds of gallons of water pouring out from everywhere & my boat balancing on the right side. Quite embarrassed but happy not to be in the water, I spent the next hour an a half jacking the boat up & shoving it over & back on the trailer! No damage but View attachment 632389 My hair has been gray ever since. May 16 2020
Gotta stop by harbor freight and get a tongue extension. Glad you didn't submarine the truck.

Reactions: kroppe

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Reminder for all you warm and cozy snugglers out there...The NWMI Fishing Club and The Fallen Outdoors will be hosting an ice fishing outing on Lake Skegemog this Saturday. Come on out, look for our signs. We will get you hooked up!!!

No cost, we have bait, food and gear for anyone that needs it including warm shanties.

Weather looks great! Light and variable (my 3 favorite words).

Come on out and meet a few of your boys. You miss them, I know you do. I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

Lets go you Benzie County Boyz. Stop into Long Lake Grocery and get signed up! Good ice almost everywhere which takes me out of my boat this year...so you have the advantage now.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Holy crap this thread is starting early this year lol You all must be itching to get out! Im over here wishing for more snow!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Don’t forget to register for Interlochness. The registration cutoff is 9am Saturday Morning.
Long Lake Grocery and Jack’s Sport Shop are the only two places to register.

21 - 41 of 50 Posts