Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The river is dropping pretty fast and if we can stay dry the Flushing walleye festival may be the best it has been in its 4 year span. Currently the river is 7.97 feet and dropping with a streamflow of 2810 cubic feet per second. Hey Chamookman when will you be home from work on Friday???? Let me know and I will be over to do some fishing. Good luck to all and remember snagging is illegal and if you do it I hope you get a ticket.... big brother will be watching.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The USGS takes readings every few hours and at about 1:30 the river is down to 7.76 feet and a dishcharge of 2600 should see it drop even more by festival time tomorrow. My .02 I think the sewage spill from last week will be cleaned out the river was flowing at 4 or 5 times its normal speed for about a week, the week of the spill.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Well if the water levels keep going it will be awesome...good luck to you guys.....I don't know if I'm going to come out that way to fish or just fish up here closer to home.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Thurs PM update from the concrete jungle that is downtown flint:
They are changing the flow on some of the dams....water above Harrison st. just dropped like a rock... (good for me, bad for you)....looks like someone wants to flush that river clear :) Heading your way dudes.....lots of fisherman starting to show up ....most are fishing near mott or holloway. Check back tonight as I'm going to try a few spots after work. Walleye-mania is building to a fever pitch....I know you're feeling it in Flushing!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Heavyshot - Don't plan on fishing tommorow, just gonna get signed up and shoot the Bull for a while . Saturday morning tho will be a different story - those 'Eyes better look out :D . Plan on the pancake breakfast that the fireman are haveing , then heading to SSX. Your Dad wants to work the dogs Saturday, but I think I've got the fever bad enough to fish all day (maybe Sunday too). Give Me a call, or meet Me at the headquarters and We'll go from there. Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts