Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It's one thing to show off a clown gun for some attention and insincere "cool gun" remarks but then to claim it's the "ultimate grouse gun", well, that opens one up for deserved ridicule.
We all know the Benelli M1 Super 90 is the ultimate grouse gun. This is a close second.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument Material property

That is a close up of the old style, they crack on the side of the trigger guard which is what led to the redesign. I am working on using threaded rod to reinforce the stock, its my favorite Montana gun by far.

Reactions: Crestliner 16

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Nice EVH tribute gun, Dennis. I just saw Sammy at Pine Knob a month ago. Van Halen is the background music to my adolescence.
Forgive me if I misquote you, but I believe I recall you saying the 20ga BUL was the ultimate grouse gun?

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Forgive me if I misquote you, but I believe I recall you saying the 20ga BUL was the ultimate grouse gun?
You have a good memory. BUL was the ultimate grouse gun till I discovered the M2. It has a few more ounces that help me, and it comes with a synthetic stock that is way more durable than the pretty wood decal that is on the BUL. Of course this is just all my opinion. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have a good memory. BUL was the ultimate grouse gun till I discovered the M2. It has a few more ounces that help me, and it comes with a synthetic stock that is way more durable than the pretty wood decal that is on the BUL. Of course this is just all my opinion. :)
I have a 20 gauge M2 left handed model. I really like it too. For me it just balances well and is very ergonomic. I’m making a trip to the UP in mid October to try it on grouse. I hope you all leave a few around. I haven’t shot at one for about 25 years so I’m looking forward to the trip. My wife also has a 20 gauge M2 right hand. With the optional high comb and shorter recoil pad we were able to get it to fit her well.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'll need you to speak to my wife. She'll never believe anyone thinks I have a good memory. LOL

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
41 - 60 of 73 Posts