Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Well maybe but then again maybe not.

I can only guess the purpose of white over black Duct Tape on an orange shotgun is to differentiate it from other orange shotguns on gun racks at various shooting venues - skeet, sporting clays etc. so as to avoid someone inadvertently grabbing the wrong orange shotgun thinking it's theirs .

View attachment 854398

Now before you guys start jumping on poor ol' 9HP I'm not opposed to tape on firearms if it's functional. I have "skate board" type tape on all of my Hi-Powers :

View attachment 854404

View attachment 854406

but certainly not on any of my shotguns :

View attachment 854413 .

Why would I ? Why would anyone ?

9mm Hi-Power
There is no tape on the gun.
This is a ceramic finish.
"Cerakoting"

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Even harder to remove .

9mm Hi-Power
Technology .
Blueing is outdated and not up with the times.

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
If you're a responsible gun owner and learn to take care of your firearms you wouldn't be overly concerned with that sort of thing.

This photo of my Red Label was taken just about ten years ago last month and I had already owned it probably four or five years before that and it has been hunted hard . View attachment 854618

This is the receiver of my Remington M11 Sportsman that was built about 1936 - 86 years old . There is no reason to believe that this isn't the original finish - no beveling on the receiver or most important the screw heads "

View attachment 854619

View attachment 854620

This is what class is all about - Fiddleback walnut on my 52 year old Krieghoff target shotgun and fiddleback walnut on what undoubtedly is an ungodly expensive violin:

View attachment 854625

View attachment 854626

Take your shotgun to Guns Galore in Fenton and tell them how it's on the cutting edge of firearm technology and custom re-finished to look like some baggy panted R & R freak' s electric guitar and see how much they offer you for it.

It's about steel and walnut - not plastic and aluminum.

9mm Hi-Power
Nice guns of course.
I'm not against any gun.
To me it is a tool.
That is why the 870 is the most popular gun. A cost effective tool.

Considering that I will go into any cover and hunt all weather guns of value would get abused.
My montrefeltro has seen it all in 24 years and beat to death with probably a thousand days in the rain duck hunting and upland plus days on the water without rain.
I have a really nice superposed 20 ga that I use lightly because when I hunt I don't restrict where I go or what I do.
Some firearms are too nice to just take anywhere with no respect .
Cerakote guns are blue to preserving the look of traditional style guns.
you don't need to have color.
It is a personal preference.
I know one thing for sure is that when you are parallel to the earth my guns will have no value to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
I am also a long time Moty owner, I believe mine is 30 years old, I bought it in 1992. The person that sold it to me Dave from Classic Arms and I tried to figure out how many rounds it has fired, and believe it's in the 20,000 range.

Is your stock the new stock that is flat by the trigger group or the old that has a cut out of the stock to accommodate the trigger? Mine is the old style and I have broken 2 stocks and they are very hard to get, the new ones are cheap on eBay.
I am also a long time Moty owner, I believe mine is 30 years old, I bought it in 1992. The person that sold it to me Dave from Classic Arms and I tried to figure out how many rounds it has fired, and believe it's in the 20,000 range.

Is your stock the new stock that is flat by the trigger group or the old that has a cut out of the stock to accommodate the trigger? Mine is the old style and I have broken 2 stocks and they are very hard to get, the new ones are cheap on eBay.
I believe it is cut out if I am understanding you correctly.

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Phase two will be the black hole debate
o/u vs s×s because we all know that if you don't hunt a s×s your not a true sportsman of wingshooting. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts