Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
If you're a responsible gun owner and learn to take care of your firearms you wouldn't be overly concerned with that sort of thing.

This photo of my Red Label was taken just about ten years ago and I had already owned it probably four or five years before that and it has been hunted hard . View attachment 854618

This is the receiver of my Remington M11 Sportsman that was built about 1936. There is no reason to believe that this isn't the original finish - no beveling on the receiver or most important the screw heads "

View attachment 854619

View attachment 854620

This is what class is all about - Fiddleback walnut on my 52 year old Krieghoff target shotgun and fiddleback walnut on an ungodly expensive violin:

View attachment 854625

View attachment 854626

It's all about steel and walnut and not aluminum and plastic.

9mm Hi-Power

I've learned to take care of my sidearms, rifles and shotguns and not default to technology - plastic and aluminum - to do it for me. It's called learned responsibility.
I wish I could get away with using such weapons. I duck hunt around 30 days a year, from September goose teal skeeter hunts to red dawn geese. Including jump shooting and layout. I like the black guns. I had a camo, cost me geese when I leaned it on a cornstalk to move decoys, birds snuck in, couldn’t find it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
There is much validity to your post but the OP was writing about his grouse gun. I assume you eventually found your shotgun. :confused1: .

9mm Hi-Power
My compliment was one that prompted the start of the thread. I shoot grouse with my black Benelli m1 20. This is the era of personalization. Poster is paying homage to Ed Van Halen. A pioneer individualist in his own right. Poster doing it his way, had success. One that would paint his gun with the colors of his legend would assuredly never do anything to disrespect the legend.
Good luck to all I’ll be on the grouse woods for my 1 grouse hunt of the year before duck opens.
* edit yes I did eventually the others fired Hail Marys as the birds flew to my side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts