·
Registered
19,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: brewster

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I knew nothing about the Harwell’s personal life. I can’t help but think of Earnie when you mention the tigers. I’ve met him before and an outstanding guy. But what a shame. His kids sound like some real class acts. The one son charging his mother to spend time with her? The other son three bankruptcy’s? I’m betting these kids lived off there parents most of there lives with out ever taking responsibility for them selves. That’s what it sounds like anyway. Those apples definitely fell far from the tree. I think because of there dads success in life and wealth greed got the best of them. It’s funny how people think there entitled to other people’s stuff that they didn’t earn. I’ve seen it so many times in my life where people are taking stuff out of there parents or friends houses before the body is even cold or dead yet for that matter. I don’t care what your relation is to the deceased Your not entitled to anything you didn’t earn yourself. Your only entitled to what they want to leave you. Anything beyond that should be thrown out of court. I love how people think they are entitled to stuff they didn’t earn. Another one that is just ridiculous is greed between siblings and in family fighting over stuff that none of them actually earn themselves. None of the stuff actually belongs to them. Here is an idea. Don’t be greedy, divide it evenly between all the siblings, be fare and don’t end up giving all or most of it to lawyers. In most of these cases nobody wins but the lawyers. I don’t think this story casts a negative light on Earnie or his wife(They will always be loved in our state. But it sure casts a shadow of his kids being dead beats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
When we went to the Tiger games alot in the 80's-90's. My boys got quite few baseballs signed. Got Ernie's and one by Kaline signed at a game. Never forget when my boy asked Ernie for his signature......"you don't want mine, I am not even a ball player".

I have about 20 balls signed by tigers stuffed in the closet with cards and such from that era. I have a signed ball to my late son by Kirk Gibson, Best wishes Eric, Kirk Gibson. I have not looked at these in over 10 years. With all the conterfieting its nice to have these personally witnessed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts