Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well on this mornings check i pulled all my traps for the year. tonight i go back to work after being laid off for a while and with the baby and wife going back to work i wont have the time it takes to keep the line running. it was a good year for me considering i really never trapped dryland for canines before. after seeing several yotes and lots of coons during bow season i decided to give trapping a try again after 17 years. with the help of guys on this site and joe r with his hands on teaching made this season a success for me. i am allready looking forward to next year. i have a couple farms lined up and should have more time next year to run a longer line. up to today i ended the year with 10 coons, 4 greys, 2 reds, 2 yotes, 1 skunk and enough grinners that i lost track. i have one of each sent out to get tanned and the rest will be sold at the feb4th auction. heres a little recap of the years catches. thanks again guys

first red

first grey

first yote

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
wild bill,

Congratulations on a great season!!!

Good luck at the fur auction and let us know how you make out with the fur buyers.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
great season indeed!

Im sure its tough to call it quits but you are absolutely right that you had a very successful season. well done and thanks for all of the great pictures this year!

mike

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Great Job Wild Bill!! Those are really nice looking animals. The put-up fur will go good at the auction im sure...looks nice! Congrats on your season!:):)

-Bob:)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Congratulations Wild Bill!

You did very well and can now look forward to next year with confidence ;)

I'm right behind you and will be hanging up the traps real soon, too.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Way to go Wildbill, you had a what looks like an outstanding season. I hope you get a favorable price for all the effort you put into the season. Looks like you done a really nice job putting up your fur.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Great job Bill our pheasants thank you

NOW GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
CaptainNorthwood said:
Congrats on a good year, still hoping to add a few animals to the "to do" list. Where did you send the specimens to get tanned?

I would like to know this also...Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Bill,
You should be real proud of what you accomplished this season. I know a lot of guys that have tried for a long time to get a handle on the canines and just never quite figure it out. Just remember what I said the first time I came out there. Let the animals tell you were to put the trap.

Also for those of you wondering Bill took his hides to Furs by Fritz in Swartz Creek, MI to be tanned. The auction he is going to is at the Historic Playhouse in Pruddenville, MI on Feb. 4th, and is hosted by MMIT.

Joe

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What you saying Joe, Bill's got more canines in your shed then you ever have had?????

Sorry Joe whats your fav. drink I owe you still. See ya next weekend buddy.

Dave

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Dave,

I would have to say Bill has a little ways to go before he catches up with me on the overall canine catch. I will say he has caught more greys then I ever have though. Might have to ask permission to trap his place next year. lol

BTW you know I sail with the captain whenever I can.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts