Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
where was this from lake st.clair ? thats awesome ,just to see that many let alone hit them!!! we are planning on abuilding a layout boat but may not be done for this season cant wait.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yo Chip,
Outstanding hunt. Looks like you guys had some fun though I wouldn't want to be in the "breaching whale boat". Airborne is cool but .........bet that thing had to come back down to the water. :)
Now.......I need you to teach me how to post pics here. There's so much more I could explain at times with picture abilities.
Later partner,
Lou

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frank-

These pics were taken on Lake Huron out of Alpena. We went 'round 5 miles southeast of Alpena... no birds there, but good pics....

The inland pics were taken at my secret lake...

Paul-

Lou-

Any time, partner! I can answer any questions you have about posting pics and links. MORE than happy to help, just PM me with your questions, or wait till I'm down there and I'll show ya!

All told we had 5 guys, 2 limited, and the other 3 were DERN close, all out of 2 layouts.

·
Registered
673 Posts
great pics. i had my first real experience with the divers tonight. man it was fun. i didnt hit any but my buddy got a nice bufflehead. we saw tons most were just out of range. it was pouring rain and we were drenched but i had a blast....man those things are fast :D i have an excuse though, it was raining too hard for me to wear my glasses ;)

we used a regular boat and blind on open water tonight and it did ok but i would love to try some layout hunting. is there anyway to layout hunt alone. i would think probably not just because of the safety issue but i was curious. but i have an inland lake that would be just great for a layout.

later, dave

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Geez SafetyMan--nuttin like pluggin another site with those pics;)

And that is one sweet MLB you were getting blood all over...

I will be in it at Long Point in Canada on Thursday for the first day of the MLB/Bankes hunt. We should really get some good pics over there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts