Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know first hand - all the five inch perch i threw back last year are now six inches - i caught them all again today !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
i caught some up to 8 again ,but not as many.i did find a nice deep spot where i told you but back in the canal. there were some bigger ones in there.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I was in the lake today. I did get alto of 6 and 7 inch perch but there were enough 8 and 9 inchers to keep me there. I also got a few Jumbos 11 plus. Next 3 years is going to be great :)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I was off of Metro. I got a few in close but the big fish came from deep water. there is 6 to 7 inches of good ice. Water is stained but clearing up day by day. there were guys off of Geno's? I don't know how the ice was. I didn't tear them up . I think i only kept 20 prob 10 8's 3 11 inches and over and the others were 9 or 10" .

One guy did have his large atv on the ice and drove it to the edge. Its nice ice but you still have to watch the wind or up-coming storms. lots of water to drift in if the ice breaks off.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was at metro beach - didnt go too far out - 2 foot then about 4-5 feet deep - i managed to take home 15 fish all about 8"

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Kept only about 16 semi keepers. Fished Nine mile area and also at spillway. May try out from Metro tomorow. tightlinesyall

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I did manage to keep 20+ in the nine mile area.....So your move didnt pan out for ya eh iceguy???? It was wierd, you would get a flurry of bigger fish (keepers) and then the DINK party would start up again.....Mostly 8" no 10's or better.....Still waiting on a JUMBO 13 or better from all the fish i caught this fall and early ice.....

Mushy

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Yea, no good there when we were there. They did get a few earlier in the morning. The fish go in and out of there, you just have to be there. Won't be long now, I will be on the lake. seeya

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fished at Fairhaven this afternoon. The gills were off so I headed out and caught about 100 perch. Good news great action bad news only 1 keeper fish over 8".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts