Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend i did some hinging fence and bedding in a little wood lot 30 to 50 pics a night before last 5 nights got a total of 14 will the deer get used to it?i hope!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The work youve done is likely changing their patterns and what they do also.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im gonna give it a few weeks no pickup in moment ill move the cam to new place!!thanks for the inputs and info

·
Registered
493 Posts
Another thing you might do is over those two weeks, leave the camera alone. If you are checking the cam frequently on top of the habitat work that could have an affect as well.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Another thing you might do is over those two weeks, leave the camera alone. If you are checking the cam frequently on top of the habitat work that could have an affect as well.
:yeahthat:

·
Tornado Jim
19,989 Posts
last weekend i did some hinging fence and bedding in a little wood lot 30 to 50 pics a night before last 5 nights got a total of 14 will the deer get used to it?i hope!!

If you did your hinge cuts in January or February they would likely be there the next morning and it would look like a cattle feeding station.

I was just laughing about this with a timber buyer yesterday who talked about that experience.

In summer in our area the deer have plenty to eat so they will shy away from areas with human scent.

Not to worry. you have greatly improved your habitat and they will use it when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thought you guys would like to see him dead he was taking 600 yards from all the photos threw summer thanksgiving morning by a lucky hunter end up with a score of 138

1 - 18 of 18 Posts