Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's over & I can honestly say that it feels like it never began. To best describe this season for me.... it was if I was chasing the pretty girl who wanted nothing to do with me. A couple of glimmers of hope but in the end was left feeling defeated. This season had to be the most disappointing I've seen. But in the end, even though the duck/weather didn't cooperate, I was able to spend good times with friends and family.

Here are a few of camera phone pics from the last couple of days. It was very similar to the entire season...on them one day and gone the next. Hit them well on Sat but they were gone by Sun. The Sat pile should include a couple more geese, a few mallards, and a a pair of redheads but "I just had laser eye surgery, my feet were stuck in the mud, my shell misfired, my gun jammed, I had a cattail seed in my eye, my gun got caught in up in weeds, my call was in the way"...you get the idea.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Great pics.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Those fully bodies on the ice look great !! Need to get me some of them

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Those fully bodies on the ice look great !! Need to get me some of them
I agree. I think I've been putting off getting them for too long. They look great!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
...spot from last year's late season? Looks like it could be from around Harsens?
We didn't see the longnex Friday though...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yep!!! Those Rester and Sleeper Full Body Mallards and Blacks look GREAT!!! I will have to order some for next year.

The guys that do use them, love 'em!

Jeff at WebbedConnection (we hunt, too!)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...spot from last year's late season? Looks like it could be from around Harsens?
We didn't see the longnex Friday though...
Haha...that was debated but actually this year we stayed up at our cottage on Saginaw Bay. It's amazing how 2 cold nights can change the landscape on the Bay.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Nice set-up, looks real for sure. I knew it looked like the Bay, it's been a loooong time since I've been out there. Could be a number of places. But I'm pretty sure I know the general area. What ever, congrads on the ducks.
I think the ducks on the ice set the whole spread..........:)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The ringer on my phone must have been broken............:lol:
Chris it's probably a good thing, the second day was an absolute bust. You would have wasted a 2 hour drive and a tank of gas. Let's talk Ohio in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yep!!! Those Rester and Sleeper Full Body Mallards and Blacks look GREAT!!! I will have to order some for next year.

The guys that do use them, love 'em!

Jeff at WebbedConnection (we hunt, too!)
Yeah I love those full bodies when there's some hard water. I bought 4 off Jeff last year and they worked great. Had birds landing right next to them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts